Initializing Patches!?

Mornin' all.

I've never had the privelage of online capabilities with FM before and am looking forward to downloading patches in order to make the game a more complete experience rather than struggling on with the game in it's original form.

My question, as a newbie, what do I do to 'install' the patch once it's been downloaded? I'll probably just take it from the FM site as I didn't bother with STEAM after reading all the horror stories.

Anyone kind enough to leave a walkthrough-esque explanation wins a new, albeit slightly computer illiterate' friend for life!

Ta' folks.

Hi

All you need to do is install the patch via this link http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=57496 and click on run or save (if you have problems downloading the patch via clicking run then re-do it and click save). If you run the patch then when downloaded it should ask you to install it and it will automatically update the game for you. If you save it then when it has downloaded go to where you have saved it and double click on it and again it will automatically install it for you.

That's great PW...thanks alot! I had imagined it'd be fairly simple but having not done it before I thought it best to ask.

Is the 9.1.0 patch the latest version!? I forgot to mention I'll be playing on a PC. How often do SI release patches or is it dependant on bugs and program errors?

Yes the 9.1.0 is the latest patch at the moment and the download link above is for the PC version (windows). They normally release patches to fix bugs and to give data updates (after transfer window). As there has been loads of issues with this game I'm not sure whether it will just be a patch in February for data updates and transfers or whether they will have to do one before this to tweak some of the issues some people are still having.

Archived