Barca gone mad!!!

I had Rooney, Berbatov, Balotelli, Campbell and Welbeck (the last two hopefully for the future). I employ a lone striker upfront so he was useless for me. I could have signed him and sold him for some fee in January but that would be cheating (at least to me) so i rejected it

But the point is they paid a large amount of money for his fee and not played him in a single game. Now i know that the coach could find him to be a snob but i checked his media history and the Barca coach had praised Gomez before signing him on. Even Mourinho tested Shevchenko before dropping him out of the squad. The transfer system was rewritten from scratch for this version, but we continue to find cases where the club signs players for position where they are fully loaded. For example, here Barcelona have five strikers and play just one up front but still they went on to sign Gomez. ok he is a class player. But he was not given a chance to prove himself even for a single game, though in the preseason friendly he had scored three goals in two matches. And i find selling him for free as a joke :|

Ouch, thats a bit rubbish! Doesnt matter whether or not a new manager came in, the board shouldnt be so stupid as to offload a 30M investment for 0 after six months.

Shows there is unlikely to be any kind of script to prevent such a silly thing happening.

Quite poor to say the least. Lets hope its a one off.

had you not rejected i'm pretty sure they'd have negotiated up

That's what usually happend to me too, I think the initial £0 offer is to gauge how interested you are and get an offer on the table, then they will negotiate the price as necessary. It's doubtful you will get the player for nothing.

But why wouldn't you take a player for free that you can sell and make millions? I dont get it

Personally I wouldn't do it because it would feel like I was exploiting an error in the game and in essence cheating. I would feel bad and it would ruin my save.

Personally I wouldn't do it because it would feel like I was exploiting an error in the game and in essence cheating. I would feel bad and it would ruin my save.

Thats the reason i rejected it. coz if i go that way even once, then i will be tempted in signing loads of players on bosman in january and then offloading them in july. decided it was wise to reject it

Talk about a freshly written transfer system :|

Truth is, this has nothing to do with the transfer system. It's the shocking Ai that managers have. I saw this all the time in FM08. Someone would spend millions on buying a playing but then never play him and he ends up moving for next to nothing.

Well, I bought lukasz zaluska for 3.5m (most of my budget) and I've now let him go on a free just 12 months later but he did make 2 appearances for my team (and we conceded 15 goals in 2 games) and trust me, and 3.5m for me is about the equivalent of what barca paid out in terms of percentage of my budget etc.

I'm surprised no-one's mentioned or probbly noticed Barcelona are in Liga BBVA! :o

Maybe they really, really need to cut costs. >_>

By selling him for free rather than 30m...

Liga BBVA is La Liga Spain's top division.

Liga Adelante is the Spanish Second Division. So no Barcelona were not relegated as you might be suggesting.

Archived