Players making silly errors?

Has anyone seen their defenders and keeper make silly errors?

I wish I could post a replay but I'll try and explain.

My keeper dives to the right and saves a 30yard shot. He then stays on the ground while the ball lands on the goal line....

...my two defenders stroll up to the ball, stand there watching the ball for about 30seconds game time. Then their striker decides to react and strolls towards the ball. At this point one of the defenders decides to boot the ball back into his own net, all this while my keeper - now stood up, is standing watching!

I must admit I did laugh afterwards, even though I was annoyed at first. I suppose you can tweak about with tactics all you like but you cannot allow for player errors. I think the 3D Interpretation of errors is shocking though :-O

Well, my keeper went after one of those opp goalie kicks and the ball drops dead on the penalty area line, he runs up towards it and stops, like on top of the ball. Then he twitches a LOT for 3-4 seconds, then decides to back down a couple of meters.

That's when the opp striker waddle in and just knocked it in the top corner of the net.

Should I had fine him? :)

Not just Keepers and Defenders, is it just me or do the players in general have shocking control? I've lost count of the amount of times i've seen the ball bounce off Schweinsteiger as if his foot was made of lead.

Yeah, this happens at least every other game for me too. I just though it was because none of my players have higher than a 14 rating for first touch :rolleyes:

Yeah, this happens at least every other game for me too. I just though it was because none of my players have higher than a 14 rating for first touch :rolleyes:

It happens every game for me. I know players can't have a great touch all the time, but it seems to happen a lot and the ball just bounces off in the direction of an opposition player.

Guys ..

The 3d vidual is _representative_ of the match engine. Just because it doesn't do a very good job at times of visually representing whats been calculated behind the scenes doesn't mean its cheating you.

You need to accept that it isn't perfect and if your defender stands around without putting in a tackle and the striker runs right past him it doesnt mean the engine didn't calculate a challenge, it just means the 3d view didn't render it. That could be because of bugs, poor programming, lack of animations etc.

The game does not cheat (much), its just the views are buggy.

Guys ..

The 3d vidual is _representative_ of the match engine. Just because it doesn't do a very good job at times of visually representing whats been calculated behind the scenes doesn't mean its cheating you.

You need to accept that it isn't perfect and if your defender stands around without putting in a tackle and the striker runs right past him it doesnt mean the engine didn't calculate a challenge, it just means the 3d view didn't render it. That could be because of bugs, poor programming, lack of animations etc.

No body has even mentioned that this is happening in 3D, so don't assume. If the match engine did calculate a challenge then that would pop up in the match and player stats which it does not. I have had similar or the exact same issues although I'm playing always in 2D since 3D is too buggy.

Issues I have experienced in 2D, Windowed, Patch:

1. Ball bouncing off players like a rocket and going in the opposite direction for well over 15 yards.

2. Players moving away from the ball.

3. Players standing and waiting for the ball to come to them rather then going towards the ball.

4. Players standing a couple of yards off the ball just looking at it.

5. Goalkeeper saving and then leaving the ball in the penalty area and return to the line.

6. Players running towards the ball the chaining their mind and run away from the ball while the opposition picks it up.

7. Many more (just can't remember)

This happens to the human player and AI alike so it is not cheating it's just bugs in the ME.

Again I would like to mention this is all in 2D, Windowed, Patch.

Got to say i agree with most of this.

I am using the 3D engine for every match (trying to get to like it).

I would say probably 80% of all mistakes my team makes are either a fault of the match engine or are at the very least badly interperated in 3D.

Things like:

Players running through other players/the net/advertising boards.

Players standing still for over 20 seconds game time, waiting to get tackled.

Players failing to see open nets/very easy passes and instead playing a 40 yard pass back down the pitch.

Defenders set off running with an oppo striker after a long ball is played in front of them. My defender then stops for a split second, giving the striker enough time to get in front of him and get to the ball.

My players kick the ball at oppo players - it bounces off them and ALWAYS lands at the feet of the oppo.

There are lots more, but i cant remember them at mo.

Guys ..

No one here said anything about cheating mate.

I already acknowledged the mistakes are a representation. My point is that a) I found it hilarious and I was just sharing that and b) I think the 3D representation needs to improve this.

:-)

had plenty, almost everyother game for and against. the one i actually watched and laughed at though is the away team play along ball forward into my box, cech under no pressure goes to kick it an it just rolls straight pass him into the net! paul robinson yes, but cech? and cudicini has come onto the edge of his box, cleared to the half way line only for some championship player to hit on the volley straight into back of my net. i have now stopped playing fm09 for the time being before i smash it up.

Archived