Player/Coaches?

I would like to remember that I could sign Player/Coaches to my hearts content before, just to make training doable in lower leagues.

But now my board rejects my intentions, saying that one coach is enough already?

I had two guys recently that would join me as P/C's and would've covered a couple of areas like GK and Fitness training, where the AssMan and the other coach sucked.

As players they wouldn't be more than decent backups, but their coaching skills was what I needed and btw, they both were only around 30 yo, so they would've been quite useful.

What's going on? :confused:

Ah well, more information then.

I'm in BSS, one Ass Man and one Coach. I actually sacked the former AM and let the coach get the job instead, and then hired another coach.

I can't think I was ever restrained before by signing Player/Coaches, I can vividly remember when I had like 4-5 of them. This is a very valuable asset to use in a team with no transfer budget and very low wage budget.

But my board won't let me sign the P/C, only as a player.

Since I'm well beyond that point in the game now, I'm figuring if when I sacked the former AssMan on mutual and replaced him with the current coach, this disturbed my game in any way?

And I also want to know if anyone else seen this?

Player/Coaches ... This is a very valuable asset to use in a team with no transfer budget and very low wage budget.

But my board won't let me sign the P/C, only as a player.

If so, this might be worth filing in the FM'09 Bugs Forum.

You are correct that it can (should be) a valuable tool for a lower league club.

I don't mind big teams "recognizing" that a Backup/Coach is really just a Coach .. but at the lower-league level, if you're willing to let me hire a guy at £31,000 p/a as a Player, why the heck can't I hire him at £31,000 as a Player/Coach? It makes so little sense to me.

Archived