Own goals

also seen a lot of goals being ruled as own goals, even though the defender accused of conceeding the goal were nowhere near it - og goalies getting an own goal when they didnt fully blocked the ball - my strikers are still crying about it!

Alarming amount of own goals, all pretty similar when watched back in the replay, in the 3d pitch

Usually a fullback/defender passes back to goalkeeper, always from about 20 yards out, and it just goes in the bottom corner, bizarre

happened to me in a cup tie in the last minute i almost cried lol

Alarming amount of own goals, all pretty similar when watched back in the replay, in the 3d pitch

Usually a fullback/defender passes back to goalkeeper, always from about 20 yards out, and it just goes in the bottom corner, bizarre

I've seen that one twice, also had one come off the cross bar hot the goalie and go in which was quite class.

But that's it for a whole season, so doesn't seem that alarming to me.

I've seen that one twice, also had one come off the cross bar hot the goalie and go in which was quite class.

But that's it for a whole season, so doesn't seem that alarming to me.

Its not an alarming amount, i think its the way they are scored thats unrealistic! I've not had many, only 2 IIRC, but both of them in consecutive games where a defender passed back to the goalie from 20ish yards and it just went past him! I have Shay Given in goal by the way!

Perhaps its the way the 3D represents it? I remember it happening a few times on FM08 but because it was 2D it wasnt so glaringly unrealistic

Archived