What's caused a major stat drop?

well im dumbfounded. i really dont know what's happened to robinho. nothing out of the ordinary has happened, not even an injury...

any insight would be helpful... :confused::confused::confused:

http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=robinhodownerzp0.jpg

edit: i considered the coaching side, but i have actually sacked all my previous backroom staff and replaced them with a super-star coaching team.

Are you training a new position? Specifically, on the right (although I've seen it happen in central positions on Football Manager 2008).

If so, you're likely training Robinho's weaker foot, and thanks to some rather strange idiocy, the weightings of weaker feet are very high meaning that in order to compensate for the weaker foot being trained, down go the attributes...

Perhaps fatigue? His stats haven't actually dropped, either. (Maybe 1 or two by 1 point, but not all of them). The red and green arrows don't directly indicate a whole attribute rise or fall, but more the direction the attribute is going. Imagine for a second that Heading had a red arrow, and was on attribute level 14. Now break this 14 into 14.1, 14.2, 14.3 through to 14.9 and in the last month is was calculated at 14.9, but in this month its calculated at 14.7. The red arrow would show, because the attribute is in decline, but the attribute point itself doesn't change.

The best thing to do is to actually look at his training overview, and see if many stats have fully dropped by a point. If they have, it could be that he's tired, or quite simply over trained.

thanks guys.

i havnt changed the training at all from the default regime and although i have had quite a few games recently, i have had quite a relaxed period over the past few weeks.

i didnt know about the fact that the arrows indicate where the stat is heading, but on this occasion, he has dropped a whole number (as i recall, his finishing was 16.) but as for the rest, i cant remember exactly.

interesting tho, as i cant pinpoint the cause. maybe he will get back to normal in due time, or even a rest for a week or two?

As mentioned, go to the following page...

Robinho > Training - Attributes > Training Category (Top right of screen) > Select one.

Then you can filter through all of the different training categories and see exactly if his stats have dropped or not.

ok, i did exactly that and a total of 15 stats had dropped by a point, whereas about 3 had gone up a point.

interestingly, his attacking stats are those which have dropped and the more generic ones for an attacker (long throws, marking) have gone up.

Very Strange!!! (and annoying)

ok, i did exactly that and a total of 15 stats had dropped by a point, whereas about 3 had gone up a point. interestingly, his attacking stats are those which have dropped and the more generic ones for an attacker (long throws, marking) have gone up. Very Strange!!! (and annoying)

This, I'm afraid, isn't strange at all. In fact, it makes all the sense in the world.

As you say, Robinho is clearly an attack-minded player. The default training setup is really well-rounded, though. I think this perfectly illustrates the need to customize training regimes. An attack-minded player needs more attack-minded training. If, in a relative sense, you're under training his attacking attributes and, thus, over training his other attributes, you should expect to see exactly what you are, indeed, seeing.

As it takes a while for changes in training to manifest actual attribute changes, you're probably only now feeling the effects of ill-weighted training.

Archived