Work Permit Laws for Conference Sides.

So, I've found some very good players in South Korea, at some of their highschool teams. But I always get rejected for work permit, even after I appeal. I'm playing as AFC Wimbledon in the BSS. Now I think I know the criteria:

Must be an international footballer, must have played 75% of internationals over 2 years, and national team must be in the top 70 in the FIFA rankings... Is this for all clubs in England? So no players outside Europe could come to a lower league side?

Is there any way for the player to come to my club? whether it be on a loan or a trial or something along those lines, as I think I've found some VERY good players and I don't want to let them go. They've all accepted contracts but are stopped from coming due to the work permit. I need these players HAHA. help would be much appreciated!

So, I've found some very good players in South Korea, at some of their highschool teams. But I always get rejected for work permit, even after I appeal. I'm playing as AFC Wimbledon in the BSS. Now I think I know the criteria:

Must be an international footballer, must have played 75% of internationals over 2 years, and national team must be in the top 70 in the FIFA rankings... Is this for all clubs in England? So no players outside Europe could come to a lower league side?

Is there any way for the player to come to my club? whether it be on a loan or a trial or something along those lines, as I think I've found some VERY good players and I don't want to let them go. They've all accepted contracts but are stopped from coming due to the work permit. I need these players HAHA. help would be much appreciated!

This explains it all, and it applies for all of the UK. So if they are from High School teams they won't ahve played in 75% of competitive games.

Not sure how much of the detail is in the FM code though.

FM completely overlooks one huge factor that has seen permits granted. I know this because Stoke had to make use of this clause a couple years ago to sign Sambegou Bangoura, and that is what the person will contribute to the sport at that level.

EG: Say Pele was now 38 or something, his career had fully finished and he hadn't played internationals for a few years, if he agreed to sign for a conference club he should get a permit under the exceptional contribution clause. But he wouldn't on FM because it is incredibly hard to guage, hopefully some day something will emulate this to an extent, possibly the key player status or something.

FM completely overlooks one huge factor that has seen permits granted. I know this because Stoke had to make use of this clause a couple years ago to sign Sambegou Bangoura, and that is what the person will contribute to the sport at that level.

EG: Say Pele was now 38 or something, his career had fully finished and he hadn't played internationals for a few years, if he agreed to sign for a conference club he should get a permit under the exceptional contribution clause. But he wouldn't on FM because it is incredibly hard to guage, hopefully some day something will emulate this to an extent, possibly the key player status or something.

Yeah it mentions that in the link above, but isn't this what the appeal process on FM is for? Like on 08 (I think), I couldn't get a WP for Aguero, but it succeeded on appeal.

I'm not entirely sure how it works on FM, but in some cases it really doesn't make sense because you can get truly great players fail. Yet other times quite high profile players - on 08 I was signing Ever Guzman from Real Madrid, who had played in all bar 1 game in the last 2 years (which meant he obviously met the 75% requirement) and still couldn't get a permit.

It seems to be quite selective.

there has to be a way around the work permit clauses, quite a few Australians head over to Europe to play without making much of an impression on the national team (Elrich, Carle, Burns) none of these have a European country as a second nationality (Lebanon, Uruguay (I think), none) yet they all get permits to play in England or Greece.

Also most of the Australians who head overseas to various European countries do so using their (grand)parent's nationality to get around work permit regulations. In Australia football was/is predominately played by the more recent European migrants so the chances of being able to get a European passport is quite high for a lot of Australian football players.

Archived