Foreign players and new languages

Hey, first post so be kind.

1) How long does it take for a foreign player to learn a new language? im guessing their adaptability is taken into account?

2) How are the finances managed at clubs such as man city with regards to the money going out to the money coming in? they get a transfer budget or around 70m, but only have around 160m in the bank, so surely they can only afford to do this for a couple of seasons before going bankrupt?

So do you get more money at the end of each season or anything?

1. You're right, adaptability is a consideration. I think an adaptable player can learn it in about a month. Less adaptable players may take 3-4 months.

2. You get a transfer budget, which takes into account the expected profit for the season. At the start of a new season (June 24th), your transfer budget will be wiped clean and you will get a new value. So if you spend like mad and aren't capable of raising the money through tickets, then you're likely to have a lower transfer budget for the next season.

Language stuff I'm not too sure about, but one player I've retrained to 2 new positions still has a problem with the language barrier during matches and he's been here nearly 18 months now.

Finances, generally a club has to live off the money it earns from prize money, transfers etc, but there is a sugar daddy option in the database, and I presume this is ticked for man city, meaning the board can invest money as they want/need to.

1. I bought an experienced Italian player with 20 influence with the intention that he'd become captain, but he didn't speak any English. It took about 6 months for him to acquire basic English. I think his adaptability is about average, i.e. 10-12. I'd be interested to know if the game takes 'language families' into account - i.e. it should be quicker for an Italian to pick up Spanish than Japanese, for example.

In Man City's case their board might well be 'sugar daddies' and just keep pumping cash in every year. It's not as if the Dubai clan are into a straightforward business investment. The owners can just drop a cool billion into the bank account whenever they feel like it.

Other clubs may not be like that, but their business models aren't simplistic and as a manager you can't really predict how much or little the board will have in the bank and how much they will make available for transfers.

Archived