Are there people out there ??

I used to do this for pretty much every new release. I would take control of Man Utd and stay with them for perhaps 7 or 8 seasons. I would build a new squad of players once the older players retired, expand the stadium as much as the board would allow. After the customary few season i would get bored though. Although i was building a new team (my own team) i wasn't really building a club. Invariably i would leave, go to a struggling "big" club such as Everton, Villa etc, stay there a couple of seasons and then lose interest with the game.

I think my turning point was when i did the above, but then left and went to Palermo in Italy who were struggling at the time. I as there around 5 seasons and built a decent club, helping to improve all of their facilities and what not. It really was much more satisfying!!!

The good thing about FM is that you can play it a million different ways....my advice to you would be to run two games at once. MAybe have your Man Utd/Real Madrid game and one with a smaller team and see how you get on. You might surprise yourself with how much you enjoy it.

when i get beat by teams like MAN UTD i like to look at how they beat me an try to build on that i recently drew with arsenal lost 1-0 to chelsea lost 2-1 to utd an beat liverpool 4-1 so i think my team is geting better and those results suit me fine because i never expect to beat them

I don't mind people using Man U on the internet, but there's a woman who sits near me at OT and always shouts "Come on Man U", everyone around me glares at her. I'd go a step further and don't like people calling United, Man Utd, because we all know there's only one United :cool:

That comment there just shows to the rest of the world why man u fans are the most hated in the world.

Don't be ridiculous. He even pointed out himself that it was a minor gripe. It's not like he made it out to be a big deal. Oh, and it IS annoying when people call us 'Man U'. We are not Man U.

I don't mind people using Man U on the internet, but there's a woman who sits near me at OT and always shouts "Come on Man U", everyone around me glares at her. I'd go a step further and don't like people calling United, Man Utd, because we all know there's only one United :cool:

People will call that arrogant, but everyone always knows who you mean when you say United. Nobody thinks I mean Newcastle or Leeds or Colchester when I say United. So, yeah.. :cool:

You're right people will thinks it's arrogant, but it isn't, there are a few clubs that everyone knows even if the full name isn't used. City instead of Man City, Real instead of Real Madrid and even County instead of Notts County, there are plenty of other teams that those could relate to but we all know who we mean when we say it.

Funny, I never played a game fully as a BIG team, usually I get tired of it after half a season, it's too generic.

So therefore, I only start in the lowest league possible, preferably with one the lowest ranked team.

I never won on the higher levels though, no PL titles or big cups. Still I like the challenge getting up there, and maybe one day I find the right team. :)

Archived