Free transfers vs pre contract

There's a thing I'd like to see the AI do more often. When in the January transfer window I want to get rid of a player with an expiring contract for free, all interested clubs just offer him a pre contract deal, they don't offer me £0 to get him instantly. I don't see why they'd want him in the forthcoming summer and not ASAP. There's no winner in this situation really as the player is surplus to requirements at his current employer and there's another party that obviously wants to take him of my wings. Anyone agree with this? or have you been offered £0 for a player with an expiring contract in January?

Fully agree, and its something I've hoped would be added for a while now. By the same token, it would be nice if the AI occasionally accepted an offer of £0 for a player they never use and who has already decided to leave at the end of his contract.

Totally agree, specially when you try to buy players that are in the reserve and leaving on a free at the end of the season and the team still ask for a good amount of money even though it would be wiser for them to sell it right now so they dont have to pay a salary to someone they dont want/need.

Also, at least here in argentina many times it happen that a player decide he wants to leave his club at the end of his contract so the manager decides not to play him anymore and not letting him go to another team even if that would mean not paying him his salary.

Archived