Game Ran Fine---Now Lags Like Hell

I've noticed this too, for some reason it seems very intermittent in it's performance. For instance, this afternoon it was running fine, then all of a sudden about 30 minutes in, everythings grinding to a halt. Rebooted, same thing. Rebooted again, absolutely smooth. No idea why. I don't have any antivirus programs or anything like that installed - it's a fresh OS install infact with everything streamlined including the desktop theme. FM08 ran like the wind on this laptop.

Nope nothing else is running. The game works fine outside of the match. Tried shutting down and restarting my computer.

I fly by all the menus but this match engine is ridiculous. It's like somebody is pausing and un-pausing it every second.

Somebody help.

I have come to belive FM09 has some kind of memory leak. When I started my current save, it consumed 1.0GB RAM and the 3D runned fine. Now I am in November in the game (IE three months later), and suddenly FM consumes 1.2GB ram, and all 3D-games lags like hell.

This on a PC, though.

The same problem here with a Q6700 2.66 GHz processor, and 4GB Ram. I have posted about the same thing in a few other threads about it as well. Unneeded services disabled. System tweaked, but it doesn't make a single difference from when i had'nt done any tweaking or disabled services. Short periods of time it just flies through, but then it's back to the lag again.

To Viking: For me the problem started already in September in the first season.

Very annoying to have a good computer (just bought it for the game :p) and find out it runs slower than the previous game on a much worse computer.

This is a bug which SI will look into it when the next patch is ready. So for the time being, please be patient!

I hate sounding like a broken record but would that be fixed in a patch that is due in maybe 3-4 months time? Because this game is essentially unplayable at the moment. I'm forcing myself to enjoy it but this is bad.

The same problem here with a Q6700 2.66 GHz processor, and 4GB Ram. I have posted about the same thing in a few other threads about it as well. Unneeded services disabled. System tweaked, but it doesn't make a single difference from when i had'nt done any tweaking or disabled services. Short periods of time it just flies through, but then it's back to the lag again.

Very annoying to have a good computer (just bought it for the game :p) and find out it runs slower than the previous game on a much worse computer.

Yeah i have a Q6600 2.4Ghz 3 GB 800Mhz Memory!! Timings of mem are at its best!

500GB HD 9600GT OC nvidia and just the same problems!

So 99.5% its a bug or just bad conding :S

i have every games from sigames CM series & FM Series and its has been always people crying about

slow slow slow, so sigames do somting about it its just f**k up the complete game. i don't have played for 4 days now great job Sigames buyed for 50 € :(:(

I have played big games on high details runs smooth smooth olso buyed totday Fifa Manager 09 runs very very smooth with 26 country's!!

Glad to see im not the only one with this problem.

It really is very random to be honest, it can run fine one day and be horrible the next. Its not a backround app or anything like that either.

I remember having similar issues with fm07 or 08 and it being sorted in one of the patches though....

same for me i brought a good pc and it runs much worse

Hmm, had it running smoothly last night for several hours. Booted it up 10 minutes ago and the 2D match engine is all over the place, quite excruciating. As I said before, nothing running in the background, no AV programs or anything like that.

On top of that, I've noticed whenever it goes laggy, all the player's names show up instead of just the one player who's in possession. Connected?

Edit: Just switched it off. Don't think I can stick with this anymore until it gets fixed. God knows what it's doing to my processor! Back to FM08 I go...

Has to be bug. My FM runs really well on a basic computer, my mates is far superior and lags like crazy.

Yeah, I have actually been reporting in the UI Bugs Forum about high CPU usage, I'm guessing this lag is probably connected to it. They're looking into the high CPU stuff, so if they fix that, I reckon this problem will disappear too. Hopefully, anyway.

Archived