Thumbs Up To FM/WWSM 2009!

After all of the bad things I was reading about Steam, I purchased my copy of WWSM from Amazon and waited the couple days for it to arrive and received it on Friday. After playing for the last day and a half, so far I think this may be the best version of the game that I have played. Congrats to SI. First of all it runs beautifully on my Mac. For those interested I have a Macbook, am running system 10.5.5, and have 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 4 Gb of RAM. This game runs nicely with very little delay while processing and the 3D runs very nicely as well. It's a joy when you have the horsepower in your machine!

Some of my thoughts on play so far: I am especially enjoying the 3D mode, as I feel like I get much better feel for what is happening in the game. I also like the press conferences, as I feel like there is much better interaction as a manager than the previous system. So far so good, but I have only played about 5 games and only about a month into playing.

The only "quirks" I've noticed thus far are that my keeper has been caught WAY out of position twice in games that led to goals. He had been taking a free kick or ended up about 30 yards out of goal and was then scored on. I don't know yet if it's him or a bug in the game. I will have to play longer to find out. Also, I am managing Brentford in the English League 2 and am only allowed 1 coach. I have an assistant manager and goalkeeping coach (plus a physio, a scout, and two youth team coaches). I thought it seemed odd that I wouldn't be allowed another coach. To test my theory, I thought I would check up on this in real life and when I went to Brentford's website they have an assistant manager, a physio, a head of youth development, a youth team manager, a youth team physio, and a kit man, so I guess what I have in the game is pretty close to reality.

Anyway great job so far with the game!

Archived