Why are transfer fees reported incorrectly?

Is this a feature? i.e to represent media inaccuracy?

I buy a player for 2M exactly. Media report it as 1.99M. A bit silly?

I have a 90k offer accepted for a player. Report back from selling club (i.e. not media) announces they have accepted my 93k bid.

What is this all about? I could understand it if the media reports were wildly out, as long as questions about fees offered/paid were part of Press Conferences but to my knowledge they are not. Maybe in the future.

But what about the accepted fee? Why is it reported as 3k more? Confusing! It's bugging me :D

I always just assumed it was in order to make fees look more realistic. IRL you won't see loads of 90k bids, there'd be some 87k, 89k, 92k etc - rather than all fees being round numbers. If you're a lower club tho and they take an extra 3k off you it could have some disastrous consequences.

But 93k from a straight out cash offer of 90k isnt rounding is it? There must be some reason.

Chairman to Chairman bung I guess ;)

The offer is rounded. So you bid 90k (that's what the offer says) but it was actually 93k, it's just that the offer screen rounds it. This is how I think it works because if a player has a sale value of 8.99m, you can only bid 9m, not 8.99m. If that makes sense.

Probably has a lot to do with the in game currency. The game has to use something as a base, so while the interface will say 90k, the 90k you offer might actually be 89.444342414816 when the currency conversion is worked out. Therefore the game fiddles with it a bit and makes it so that you offered 93k which is a nice even 90k in the base currency.

Just a guess as a programmer, that seems like the sensible way to do it.

I'd still prefer there not to be a disparity between what I believe to offer and final? displayed sale price.

Maybe as an experiment, try out a few of the major currencies, I bet one of them is the 'base' currency, unless they've awfully complicated things by having an imaginary base currency. SImoleons?

Archived