strikers not scoring!

I'm having the same problems. Strikers are always in the right positions and in space but seem to blast it over the bar or, more often, onto the bar. Its so frustrating that the opposition score with their first attempt after I dominate for such long periods of the game. I'm convinved its a bug.

me to, i have a striker Jonathas, strikes 2 year in a row at FC groningen 32 goals a season

now he have played 2 years for my club psv in totaal 55 games 4 scores 2 assist, then a started with barcalona, man utd same story with eto, rooney etc not 1 player with more then 14 goals as striker.

think its a bug!

Played with PSV against a amateur club, 2-0 2-1 etc etc :S

ive got the same problem mate. my team for leeds utd is-

westerveld

carr glauber lequi babayaro

ljungberg gerard delph robinson

carlton cole michael chopre

i keep drawing! these players have preimership expierence. and most are internationals. league 1 should be a doddle!

I was having this problem, though sorting my tactics has now solved this. I lowered the width and tempo and in my attacking tactic, I gave my main striker and my wingers free roles and now my strikers are starting to score.

I'd say it is something that needs to be improved upon in a patch, but you can work around if you play with your tactics a little.

yeah its a joke in the lower leagues. im just using a bog standard 4-4-2 with carlton cole and michael chopra up front in league one. not to mention gerard, a 29yr old spanish international in midfield. goals??? what are they? im struggling. not to ,mention my decent defence.

I was having this issue a lot! Changing the formation to one with an AMC 'playmaker' playing just behind the two forwards seems to have helped things a bit. However, the ratings of the strikers need looking it... they are far too low in my opinion.

I totally agree that there aren't enough goals!

I'm playing with Anderlecht in the Belgian pro league, settings are full detail for matches and after 1,5 season I yet have to see a game with 6+ goals.

There are actually more shots against the woodwork then there are goals. :D

It's not my tactics because AI teams also suffer from this and the highest score yet was 5-1?!?

In my first season I had a game where the opposition had 4 red cards already by the 60th minute and still I could only win 1-0.

I normally never moan about the game but this is really annoying.

Something else I noticed was the fact that the 2nd of the competition qualified automatically for the Champions league while the champion had to play qualification matches.

I loaned a 19 year old with pretty good stats, compared to my other junk strikers in my BSS-team. Even the scout said he was a quality signing and I was quite happy to beat 3 other teams to sign him for a 6 months loan.

He averaged around 5.3, didn't score one single goal in over 15 games, he did assist one though. He was sent to the reserves for a months and kicked 8 in 7 games and was pretty much shining in ratings and everything.

So just before my 5th round of some cup, my other strikers was injured/banned so I take him back to the main aquad to give him another chance.

He kicked a goal early on in the match and I was thinking, maybe...? Then 2 quick yellows and he was sent off and I lost the game 1-2. He was sent home the minute he left the dressing room. :(

Btw, he didn't even hit the woodwork.

i had a game with man.c and in 1 season, my two bought strikers(cause i do not like the ones that already are at the citizens)Pogrebnyak and Milevskiy scored a lot of goals...actually, Pogrebnyak was the top goalscorer in the premiership with 23 goals(42 total in the season-with the goals from other competitions) and Milevskiy scored 19 in the league(a total of 33-with the other matches from other competitions)...and i play a 442 tactic(with pogrebnyak as striker and milevskiy as target man), made by me(with tweaks)...it even depends on the midfielders and the way to put the intructions for them(attack and midfield)...and the midfielders i had were sensational(guardado, defour, elano, wright-phillips, d'alessandro, diego, robinho-putted him as a winger, not striker-and the some others)so, this issues with the strikers not marking goals are because of the tactics...i see many threads with these things...and i wonder why i dont have it:)

Seriously read the "The Tactical Theorems and Frameworks" for FM 2009 available in the Tactics forum and listen to the podcast.

It has totally changed the way I view the game and build tactics etc. I highly recommend it!

I have a front attacking 3 of Andrew Surman AML, Lomana Lua Lua AMR and Cameron Jerome STR for my QPR team. They're now (after tweaking my tactics) pretty much unstoppable and bagging shed loads of goals.

I'm about halfway through my first season with Newcastle and my strikers are having problems scoring goals - but I've put this down to my tactical ineptitude and the fact that the game is realistic i.e. we are rubbish at present! lol

I haven't tried another team yet and I haven't bought any new strikers so I cant really compare to anything else just yet but I certainly am not saying 'bug' just yet.

You should definitely try the Tactics forum for advice on getting your strikers scoring.

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18

The problem I have really isn't related to my personal tactics, my feeling is that the Belgian competition has a lack of goals. (including AI teams with full detail settings)

It sure isn't game breaking but like I said somewhat annoying.

Yes the Tactics forum is always very helpful, especially The Tactical Theorems and Frameworks, these helped me a lot in the past and with this version.

The problem with strikers not scoring and tactics etc is that why should there be any need to look through the tactics forum just to score a realistic amount of goals? It has NEVER been a problem over the past 10 years for me. Every now and again , the tactics guide can be useful, but we shouldnt need it just to actually enjoy the game.

If it were exclusively a tactics issue, im sure more people would have cracked it by now. There are just too many reports of strikers not scoring, strikers poor ratings etc

In my first season with Man Utd my team won the league yet only scored 50 goals. Rooney and Tevez both scored less than 10 goals in all competitions. Berbatov did hit 20 though. I'm nearly at the end of the second season, Rooney and Tevez once again have less than 10 goals each, Berbatov has 9, and I'm top of the league with 4 games to go, yet I've only scored 52 goals in the league. If it wasn't for Benzema who I signed for £50m hitting 32 goals in all competitions I'd be screwed! The amount of one-on-ones Rooney and Tevez miss is ridiculous

Well after 39 games, my main strike pair of Hoops and Hayes are doing pretty well.

I play 4-4-2 with wingers going deep and Mccann given free role and lots of creativity in the middle while Togwell does the dirty work.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=oji3nr&s=4

And my league standing so far.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=jv10u1&s=4

Maybe i'm just having a good run, but this is the reason why i don't have an issue with either my strikers scoring or the game being too hard.

The problem with strikers not scoring and tactics etc is that why should there be any need to look through the tactics forum just to score a realistic amount of goals? It has NEVER been a problem over the past 10 years for me. Every now and again , the tactics guide can be useful, but we shouldnt need it just to actually enjoy the game.

If it were exclusively a tactics issue, im sure more people would have cracked it by now. There are just too many reports of strikers not scoring, strikers poor ratings etc

i whole heartily agree mate. im not much of a tinkerer when it comes to tactics and i dont see why i should have to keep tweaking them to get my strikers to score a decent amount of goals.

it seems to me that too many people are having trouble in this department for it to be a coincidence. not to mention midfielders taking too many long shots.

like ive mentioned before, ive got carlton cole and michael chopra as my strikers in league one. both struggle to get above 6.0 as a rating and neither are anywhere near the top scorers (who are both midfielders).

I am having a similar problem with my strikers not scoring goals, I know my tactics can solve this however I wanted to point out one thing I have noticed.

When the game kicks off, all players start on 6.4 and within seconds both of my strikers ratings have already dropped 6.3 and unless they score/assist within the first 15 minutest their rating is normally down to 6.0. I just think that is slightly odd.

first season as sunderland my 4 strikers scored a total of 11 goals between them!, 11 games in 2nd season rodrigo palicio has scored 13 goals, he's on fire! changed my trainin schedule for attackers seems to have worked, altough its my defence thats now the problem lol

I think some people have to realize that , unlike in FM '08, you can't rely on ME exploits(farrows/barrows) and unreal super-clinical strikers finishing.Some people do, some don't and that's why we are seeing so much of opposite facts.

My strikers have single digit attributes and they are scoring just fine.Only trick for me is that i need to get them tactically involved or they just disappear.Motivation and training appear to make more impact in this version also.

Even when you are 1 on 1 , you need to have good position to score.Same applies for AI, they don't score always against my goalie. But again , i always try to sign goalie that can handle 1 on 1.

How many people checked in game reports, after striker misses 1 on1? Maybe they were playing "nervously" that day , or they were "exhausted", etc...It's not just 15 finishing that counts for scoring.

I'm happy with the amount of goals my strikers are getting.

Sofar this season my two top choice strikers have scored 10 in 12 games and 7 in 11 games. The third choice striker has scored 9 in 17 games. Sofar this season my team has scored 46 competitive goals in 28 games.

Or maybe they'll just hit the bar. there's no doubt that the amount of 'woodwork' in this game is a bug that needs fixing. I've just seen my team hit the bar from close range 17 times in 6 games, scoring 5 goals in the meantime from endless chances. Yes, tactics can always be tweaked with good or bad effect, but if you're going to implement a graphic engine it's apparent people are going to be narked when they see their graphical players endlessly missing what look like sitters. If they're not sitters, because of not setting the chances up properly, they shouldn't look like they are.

Archived