Question about installing a 2nd FM09 on notebook

Hi,

We all know about the 5 seats and stuff. Here's my deal: I purchased through steam.

My buddy has the boxed version. I want to install on my notebook my 2nd of 5 seats, but I don't want to install steam on there. I have found my CDKEY for FM09 both through the registry and through right-cliking my game on steam.

Can I use the my buddy's boxed version to install on my notebook with my own CDKEY? I'm sure I can, but am I legally allowed to? My notebook is work only and the only game I permit myself to install there is FM for evening entertainement when I go on business trips. :)

Seeing as the installs are tied to the CD key, not the disk, I can't imagine it matters.

Remember that (according to the developers) you bought the license to use the product on 5 machines, not the CD, so you should be allowed to install it 5 times with the same key irrespective of the manner of installation . Anything else would be ludicrous given the constant reminders that you "only own a license to use the product", not any physical product.

I know this ain't an official reply, but you might not get one. I'd say just play the game.

Archived