Logging in through Steam

Is bloody ridiculous. Me and my flatmate bought the game together, as we share a computer. He set up an account through steam. Fair enough. However, I'm not allowed to set one up as you 'can't do so with the same game copy twice!'

So, I started using his account.

Then, this morning, I went to log on, but for some reason his password was no longer saved, therefore I couldn't log in automatically, and I can't get hold of him to ask for the password as he's at work and never answers his phone at work! That means a day without FM.

It seems to me that FM has completely sold its roots out. For me, the attraction of championship manager, then followed by football manager, was you install the bloody game, then play it. It was easy to run, a football fans dream. Now, with this copy (seemingly aimed, IMO, at the American market), is overly complicated to even start the game, and when you do get going, it's so bloody slow because of this stupid 3D (which, IMO, is appaling and very 1990s, poor, poor effort SI).

SI, you have sold your roots out, all you seem to be in it for now, IMO, is the money.

From a very disillusioned and annoyed former punter.

Archived