international

do national coaches take into account how a player is doing in league, or go purely on CA.

say i have a technically lacking striker, who by some act of god is scoring week in week out, will he be picked by the national coach, or do they purely pick the nations top 24 players based on CA.

i have never lasted longer than preseason in the top flight, alwasy go for career games instead so never noticed.

plus anyone had national coaches change the staff, i noticed when jose mouriniho took over england on my game(post euro 2008, england finsihed 4th will 0 points) he kept all the current coaches, capellos and the english guys.

do national coaches take into account how a player is doing in league, or go purely on CA.

say i have a technically lacking striker, who by some act of god is scoring week in week out, will he be picked by the national coach, or do they purely pick the nations top 24 players based on CA.

i have never lasted longer than preseason in the top flight, alwasy go for career games instead so never noticed.

plus anyone had national coaches change the staff, i noticed when jose mouriniho took over england on my game(post euro 2008, england finsihed 4th will 0 points) he kept all the current coaches, capellos and the english guys.

I don't think they pay that much attention to performance to be honest. I a game as Fiorentina I had Pazzini firing in the goals non-stop but he still didn't get a call up.

Maybe the coach just didn't like him icon_wink.gif

Form seems to count for very little. From my observations it's based on 1) reputation, followed by 2) CA.

It got a bit better 802, but I found 40 goals from Andy Carroll wasn't enough to get him a call up. Although he WAS playing in Scotland at the time. icon_wink.gif

The point you make about coaches is a good one and not just restricted to international sides.

At most clubs IRL when a manager departs so do the main men in his backroom team and nearly always do new managers bring their own staff but on the game it seems to be only the managers that change.

i've read that after the 2nd patch on fm08 form is taken into account more with International selection but I'm still playing fm07 and it seems to me players are picked on a mixture of CA and reputation.

And this makes me think of something else.

I have a player who's a natural left winger and an accomplished striker, but because he has 16 for Acceleration, Pace and Finishing and only 8 for Crossing a prefer using him up front and so far he has 5 goals in 3 games. If he's to get a call-up to the Australian national team, will the game realise that he got his success playing as a striker?

Archived