How do I get 3D on??

So that is the reason for me not able to get 3D?

I can see the 2D button at the bottom left but it's greyed out.

How am i going to get 3D working on my computer then? Anyone help me as even 2D is far too slow for me. I've just read a thread and it says there will be a patch which will concentrate on 2D but I need to play the game now.

If you cant even run the 2D properly, I doubt you'll get anywhere with 3D. Especially if, so far, you've been unable to activate it. I dont think your gfx card is very good I'm afraid. If you cannot activate 3D, there is no magic fix.

There have been a few reports of 2D being really jerky, even on very high spec machines. SI havent said much about this so who knows if they will look towards a fix in the second patch (we have no idea when/if this patch will come).

Youll need to buy a graphics card that can deal with 3D (and it would seem even 2D on your machine).

Intel integrated graphics cards really wont cut the mustard.

The sticky on system specs does state

Please note that if your PC graphics card is not capable of playing the game with the 3d match engine, it will default to the 2d view from previous FM releases, but the game will still run.

Also the min specs does state

Videocard - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

Even if you had driver version 11.1 for your card then it would only offer 64MB of *shared* memory (48MB for previous drivers).

This would explain stuttery 2D and tbh, I think even if it could render 3D it would be horrific.

Archived