good times ahead at leeds utd

is anyone else really enjoying their managing experience this version?

me personally i'm loving it

so my 1st season is over with leeds utd

1st place which was really easy due to leeds being able to attract better than average league 1 players in the game eg jardel, robbie fowler, insua (on loan) plessis (on loan)

yes it's true i had a liverpool parent team :)

won 32 drew 9 lost 5

fa cup third round lost 1-0 to man utd

league cup 4th round lost 3-2 to west ham

JPT won it against peterborough 2-0

so i'm now in the championship at 18/1 to win it

5 games in 3 wins 1 draw 1 loss

to top all this off fabian delph has become a classy player and is now worth 1.7 million not bad for a 19 year old that wasn't great in stats last season :)

I'm in my 2nd season with Leeds, in the Championship too, signed a few great players and using a 4-4-2 and I have played 24, Won 20 Drawn 4 Lost 0!!!!!

Fabian Delph is class but Howson and Kilkenny are by far better at the moment!

Snodgrass has come good too!

i kinda dropped howson in the league favoring delph - and it has payed off

i felt sorry for howson so i put him out on loan to plymouth

i use 4-3-3 but i might need to rethink the tactic that destroyed teams in league 1 as i'm now struggling in the championship

won 4 drawn 4 lost 6

i think in january i need some good signings i have 3.4 million to spend :)

tryed a 4-5-1 away at preston and got beat 3-2

2-0 up at half time

I got £3 million transfer funds so I bought Papadoupolous, a 17 year old Greek Defender who has been class for me.

I use 4-4-2 from the tactics forum that is in the Oxford thread and it is sheer class!

I regularly sub Howson for Delph in each match but Howson is carrying my team TBH.

I got £3 million transfer funds so I bought Papadoupolous, a 17 year old Greek Defender who has been class for me.

I use 4-4-2 from the tactics forum that is in the Oxford thread and it is sheer class!

I regularly sub Howson for Delph in each match but Howson is carrying my team TBH.

i went on an english trial day this season and signed a player called Chester a central defender and he is better than michalik and huntington :)

and he was free

in your game are clubs trying to unsettle beckford?

i keep getting offers of 3 million for beckford from mediocre championship teams

1st place which was really easy due to leeds being able to attract better than average league 1 players in the game eg jardel, robbie fowler, insua (on loan) plessis (on loan)

won 32 drew 9 lost 5

to top all this off fabian delph has become a classy player and is now worth 1.7 million not bad for a 19 year old that wasn't great in stats last season :)

Glad you're enjoying it. I'm playing my team Tottenham and it's quite hard.

But anyway if you enjoy Leeds so much then why not go here and you'll find plenty of likeminded managers also - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=63299

i went on an english trial day this season and signed a player called Chester a central defender and he is better than michalik and huntington :)

and he was free

in your game are clubs trying to unsettle beckford?

i keep getting offers of 3 million for beckford from mediocre championship teams

Beckford? No. But I am getting constant bids for Delph and Kilkenny, well over £2 million for each...........it is actually very annoying because they keep bidding!

Hopefuly we can sneak in the top two :D but we are above Leeds :D, soz lads had to be said.

And by the way, Barry Fry isnt the chairman - Darrah MacAnthoney and his millions are. Things are looking bright for the mighty POSH!

And by the way, Barry Fry isnt the chairman - Darragh MacAnthony and his millions are. Things are looking bright for the mighty POSH!

You're fifth having spent megabucks, and we're 8th spending next to nothing. On december 6th at Edgeley Park, we'll show you who were the best team to be promoted from league 2 last year (we've already beat MK Donkeys and Hereford).

won 32 drew 9 lost 5

I am doing horrible with Leeds in the FM09 patches demo. I lost in the first round of the cup to Darlington. Talk about angry fans. Maybe its because I love my all time favorite formation - 4-2-3-1 and refuse to part with it. :)

ism-scfc - We havnt spend mega bucks this season, well, i suppose you are right if you think spending 100k on Torres and Martin is a lot:D

The only big fee we have actually spent is on Joe Lewis (400k) last January. You cant exactly slate us for that now can you?? With him being in the England 1st team squad and constantly being present in the U21s.

You've beaten MK Dung? Well so have we, away like you.

You've beaten Hereford? Well so have we.

Have you beaten Leeds 2-0?

Get over yourself.

ism-scfc - We havnt spend mega bucks this season, well, i suppose you are right if you think spending 100k on Torres and Martin is a lot:D

The only big fee we have actually spent is on Joe Lewis (400k) last January. You cant exactly slate us for that now can you?? With him being in the England 1st team squad and constantly being present in the U21s.

You've beaten MK Dung? Well so have we, away like you.

You've beaten Hereford? Well so have we.

Have you beaten Leeds 2-0?

Get over yourself.

the thing that lets leeds down is their away record, if this doesn't improve it's play-offs again :(

our home form is another matter :p

the thing that lets leeds down is their away record, if this doesn't improve it's play-offs again :(

our home form is another matter :p

It is not our home or away form that is the problem. Like yesterdays 4-1 win via Hartlepool it could have been 4-4 because of our defence, they are shocking at the moment but the blame is not on on them all the time.

Our midfield does NOT track back and help, this was so evident yesterday and it really needs to be sorted.

Personally, Staunton doesn't have a clue....

It is not our home or away form that is the problem. Like yesterdays 4-1 win via Hartlepool it could have been 4-4 because of our defence, they are shocking at the moment but the blame is not on on them all the time.

Our midfield does NOT track back and help, this was so evident yesterday and it really needs to be sorted.

Personally, Staunton doesn't have a clue....

i agree mate, i'm a season ticket holder have been since the good old days - champions league and so on

yesterday i seen a slight improvement though with prutton and douglas playing together didn't you?

another great performance from delph :)

nice to see beckford back on form too

I thought Delph was a bit quiet but he did play well.

Prutton & Douglas played really well versus Northampton in the FA Cup replay so I was delighted to see them again yesterday and were brillant.

Our keepers and defence need strengthing in January and for our midfielders and wingers/attackers to track back.

Becchio & Snodgrass are good examples of extreme workrate that is needed!

I'm convinced we will get top two if we improve in those areas!

Our team will compete easily in the Championship! 4-0 v palace AND were so unlucky v Derby!

I thought Delph was a bit quiet but he did play well.

Prutton & Douglas played really well versus Northampton in the FA Cup replay so I was delighted to see them again yesterday and were brillant.

Our keepers and defence need strengthing in January and for our midfielders and wingers/attackers to track back.

Becchio & Snodgrass are good examples of extreme workrate that is needed!

I'm convinced we will get top two if we improve in those areas!

Our team will compete easily in the Championship! 4-0 v palace AND were so unlucky v Derby!

yeah that palace game was the most one sided game i've ever seen except crewe until the last 2 minutes

league 1 looks even tougher than last year in my opinion mk dons and peterborough are all in the mix,

for me if we can't make top 2 then their is something wrong with the internal side of our team

no disrespect to any other team but we should be top - leicester 2nd but funnier things have happened

• 2 weeks later...

i have a really good season going

am in the premiership with leeds utd

i got 17.5 mil to spend for just avoiding relegation!

i have signed players like willains santanta, danny welbeck for free!

delph and howson are both ace

best signing vincent kompany for 3 mil

becuase leeds are a well known club you can basically sign any1 you want.

i were gunna sign downing but it was 10.5 mil so i dint lol!

Archived