Questions about formations and individual player instructions

It seems that each formation has its own set of individual player instructions attached to it, and that they change when you change formation. Are these sets of player instructions considered to be the "best" set of instructions for that formation?

And isn't it the case that if you were to, say, change the Forward Runs instructions on 442, then switch to 433, then later switch back to 442, the Forward Runs instructions would still be changed for that formation?

I'm would be interested to know what the situation is with formations and individual player instructions, because although I don't normally like to mess with them, I'm thinking that it might be necessary to change them to get success without having to wait several seasons to build up a great team.

I'm just interested to know how much people use individual player instructions. I remember on an old FMH I really got stuck into it, looking at every player's stats and doing loads of instructions but it didn't really seem to help. Now in FMH 09 I have just the odd player instruction and I think it might be helping (managing Newcastle, last three games was 1-1 with Liverpool but should have easily won, Tottenham 0-0 but should have won, beat Hull 3-0 easily).

I still wish SI would consider the option of assigning player instructions to players instead of positions, so if they come back from injury or suspension or whatever then their instructions come with them.

I'm just interested to know how much people use individual player instructions. I remember on an old FMH I really got stuck into it, looking at every player's stats and doing loads of instructions but it didn't really seem to help. Now in FMH 09 I have just the odd player instruction and I think it might be helping (managing Newcastle, last three games was 1-1 with Liverpool but should have easily won, Tottenham 0-0 but should have won, beat Hull 3-0 easily).

I still wish SI would consider the option of assigning player instructions to players instead of positions, so if they come back from injury or suspension or whatever then their instructions come with them.

See I am other way round prefer it set to the position so other people can easily slot in when people are injured...

It would be nice to be able to have the option of either position or player maybe...I suppose if you play 442 then your player instructions are going to be similar for your wingers for example, because (hopefully) any stand-in player will have similar attributes. I don't mind spending a little bit of time sorting out the odd player instruction, but I'm not too keen on having to remember to change player instructions every time I make substitutions.

Archived