No one will hire me!

I started off unemployed and coached in Bulgaria and Italy C2/A division. I was fired from my team in Italy in March of 2010. It's now September and no one else has hired me. I have every played league running, so there are a lot of teams needing coaches.

Has anyone else gone a long time before someone hired them?

I started off unemployed and coached in Bulgaria and Italy C2/A division. I was fired from my team in Italy in March of 2010. It's now September and no one else has hired me. I have every played league running, so there are a lot of teams needing coaches.

Has anyone else gone a long time before someone hired them?

You call seven months a long time? What about nearly two seasons? I was beaten to the post my former club spokespersons it was so bad, eventually got a job with a small(ish) Norwegian side called Lov-Ham, and once made it to the UEFA cup first round....which is quite an acheivment for me icon_biggrin.gif Anyway, keep going and you're bound to find a job, it's just because you haven't got a very high reputation managing low league clubs, so you have to wait for a club willing to give you a chance. Good luck finding your dream job icon_biggrin.gif

Oh I'll add another story, on FM 07, I was LA Galaxy manager, and after two seasons all of my good players (a couple of them anyway) had signed on to better clubs such as Houston and Chivas, and so I realised that despite wining the US Cup in both 07 and 08 seasons, and winning the MLS in 07, we would not be able to do it again. So I left the club, resigning, and then couldn't find a job for ages, despite all my acheivments.

One last hint: Wait until the end of the seasons, usually the teams promoted will have no managers and you can grab some of them oppurtunities, usually works for meicon_smile.gif good luck

There is always 1 job in England,France,Italy or Spain if you have the lower leagues....

Just go for any job you can,

The best of the lot is a Portugese club called Loultaneo, I have heard of a100% success rate with applying for this club, and they dont have half bad players, I always raid their youth team...

Once went 2 years and 4 months unemployed. That was after about 18 months at Redditch, and I broke my unemployment when I was offered Newport County. Took them to BSP then left for Shamrock Rovers, Was top of the league with two games left, and was in Irish CUp final after losing league cup final. It all went downhill but and I ended up 3rd and losing in the cup final, so quit.It's now April and the only offer I've had is Eastleigh, who I rejected because I feel I'm worthy of a little more than the side bottom of the BSS.

Keep holding out, if it helps, pick a random team and follow their fortunes, even if you have no plans of taking them over, can help you pass the time. Or just holiday applying for everything and do other things, checking back from time to time.

I started a new game with many, many leagues selected, in January 2007 (Chinese league start). I started unemployed, and applied for any and all jobs that became available.

After 4 months, I applied for a job at a Holland 2nd division club, and that application is still open in March of 2008. I have now finally been hired by a BSN team, and that first application still says "applied" in the job screen.

The club has been without a manager for almost a year, only because they don't want to hire me and apparently can't find anyone else for the job. icon_smile.gif

Also, declaring interest in several jobs at once produces a "he must be desperate" news report. icon_smile.gif

Guest desafinado

No - none of you are as crap as I am - the world's worst FM manager- I win a few - lose a lot more - nver make pre-season or long term targets - lose every Cup match - this game is such FUN

I've definitely been crap. I've been middle of the road in both leagues I've managed in, but the board wanted more.

I have applied for every single job that opens. The few times I've declared interest in a job I've been laughed at in the press. But I guess I still have a way to go until I catch up to some of you.

I think you either have a point or im just totally unlucky lol. I started as stranraer and had 2 succesive promotions then a relegation with a promtion again so basically took them from third to first division over 4 seasons with absolutly nothing. The board are as unhelpful as they can be. They wont allow me to have a parent club or give me any transfer budget even though i am well in budget and making profit every year about 800k bank balance which is good for such a small club. They also refuse to improve facilities which are worst in division probably worst than even most teams in division below. Anyway thought I would resign and look for new job and 2 years later still nothing???

Apply to everything. If you really get bored or apparently didn't load enough leagues, get FMM and bump up your reputation (and change your nationality to, say, Spain or something), then apply again.

Happened to me once. Loaded a lot of leagues, but not deep enough - and started as unemployed, not realising one could add more than one manager to a game or know that I could use FMM to change things. As a result, couldn't get a job and ended up scrapping that game.

Archived