french club names?

anyone know how to change the french club names so they're not sooo long?

i.e. LOSC Lille Metropole or FC Girondins de Bordeaux. i want to change it to just Lille or Bordeaux.

I've tried changing it in the data editor, and also deleted the lnc files.

anyone wanna help with this lil tidbit?! Please!!

it cant be an inc file you have to delete to get the real names because i have deleted them all

i) They are their real names

ii) you can't change them to be real names by deleting inc files, because they are already real names.

iii) however you can change them to the fake names they are referred to by your favourite uneducated anglophile commentator by instead -creating- an .inc file.

^ No you can't.

To the OP - the request is pretty insulting, if you think about it (as GavinZac recognises). If you're English or a fan of the EPL it would be like someone coming on here and asking to change those stupid team names to ' Liverpool Blue' or 'London White' etc. In your examples the city names are no more the names of the clubs than my examples here.

I agree with Kyno. It's the abbreviations that annoy me. The full names are long because the game uses official names for all clubs where possible. But I wish, for example, it would abbreviate Olympique Lyonnais to Lyon instead of OL when abreviations are used.

The thing I find annoying is the names usually are really long, fair enough. Then when you play a game, they only ever have initials. Fine for PSG, but RCS, ASSE, OL, OM, etc. is just silly.

That's what they're known as in France. Different countries have different little cultures around their club and stadium names, and the British media can sometimes mangle them. Ask Sporting and their "Stadium of Light" or Shamrock Rovers who show up on Sky Sports as "Shamrock".

FrenchLigue1.jpg

Right i understand WHY the team names are not like this. but would someone be able to tell me how i can change the shorter names of the french clubs to the correct ones.

E.g. on fm the shorter name of Bordeux is "FC gourdinis bourdeux" but as we know this is the long name.

My question is, how can we change/edit this to correct the shorther names.

Iv'e been told the editor does not work.

Archived