How many teams slip into debt on your game?

This is with no interference from myself except with Reading where I was manager for a season.

I went to Reading after they had been relegated after the first season and there was an unbelievable amount of overpaid players, there was someone who was signed on a free transfer by the previous manager in the summer on 79k a week, he was a former greek international and was completely woeful, which considering his 22k appearance fee was somewhat of a relief as I never had to play him.

But, I digress, on my game Reading, Fulham, Portsmouth (twice), Blackburn, Sunderland and Newcastle went into receivership. Blackburn's finances are insecure once more and the club is offering out players left, right & centre.

However, Burnley went up to the premiership, with poor finances before pretty much as the fluke team in the championship, have a wage bill bordering on 800k a week are in the championship with small crowds and are perfectly fine and well and are offering up to 10 million for players.

It makes no sense, but I expect they will slip into debt next season.

This is with no interference from myself except with Reading where I was manager for a season.

I went to Reading after they had been relegated after the first season and there was an unbelievable amount of overpaid players, there was someone who was signed on a free transfer by the previous manager in the summer on 79k a week, he was a former greek international and was completely woeful, which considering his 22k appearance fee was somewhat of a relief as I never had to play him.

But, I digress, on my game Reading, Fulham, Portsmouth (twice), Blackburn, Sunderland and Newcastle went into receivership. Blackburn's finances are insecure once more and the club is offering out players left, right & centre.

However, Burnley went up to the premiership, with poor finances before pretty much as the fluke team in the championship, have a wage bill bordering on 800k a week are in the championship with small crowds and are perfectly fine and well and are offering up to 10 million for players.

It makes no sense, but I expect they will slip into debt next season.

For the period 2007-2023 only a few significant clubs have crashed in my game:

- Liverpool (3 times) as of 2024 their finances are secure with little debt and they are on target to return to the Premiership, from which they have been relegated several times in the recent decade.

- Blackburn (2 times). Finances are still poor and they're permanently stuck in the First Division.

- Birmingham (once). Same as Blackburn.

- Watford (once). Same as Blackburn.

- Newcastle (once). They fight relegation from the Premiership every season.

- Leeds (once). They became rich early on in the game but squandered it all. They cycle between League One and First Division, having visited Premier League one season.

- Man Utd have managed to stay afloat with a huge debt until 2020-ish where a board change wiped the slate clean.

Archived