Tactics cracking...

ok, so i started playing with Coritiba, a brazilian second division team.

I like to play a 3-6-1(3-2-2-2-1) in every soccer game i play so i did that tactic for my team. Bought one strong header to be my target man and some skilled players for my 2 AMCs. Bought a great Midfielder too that became my cap(20 influence, 34 years).

I started the league very well winning almost everygame(Im superior to almost all teams in the league, being matched only by a few) and drawing some, the team is playing nicely and I and every1 is happy with it. I even manage to win against a far superior team on the cup after a great team talk.

But when I reach mid season...

My starts to have problems. My target man had 15 (!!!) hours without scoring, my team shoots like 20-30 times a game and dont score(or score one time) and sometimes they just play awfull and lose by 3-0, 5-1... but in the next game they get a 2-0. seems absurdly random since Im not changing my tactics. The team simple dont play some matches, even when its against a ridiculous bad team. I cant understand, i love this game but it needs to be more clear about what is happening... I have watched some matches and can say that one big problem is that my AMCs and my PL just dont enter in the area, even when they have huge room to do so. They just keep shooting from outside even with long shots on rarely and creativity 5. But besides that, in that "specials" games, they seem to miss every pass, lose every tackle and miss every shot. While the other team seems to be playing like Brazil. Even when they suck at stats.

So can some1 tell me what is wrong??? I buy the suitable players for the positions, make a tactic that work for half season and sudenlly everything goes badly with no apparent reason! How should I react about that? The game isnt telling me anything about what is going on. Actually my players are getting 6-7 even on the game I lost 5-1( I was the favorite).

Thats my third try on this game and Im almost droping it since I cant understand whats is going on.

I have heard all the posts on the tactics forum and still cant solve my problem. Its really anoying to lose without aprent reason.

If some1 can help me and show me that im just stupid I will be very happy, because im starting to believe that the game is really buggy as a lot of ppl are posting here

ok, so i started playing with Coritiba, a brazilian second division team.

I like to play a 3-6-1(3-2-2-2-1) in every soccer game i play so i did that tactic for my team. Bought one strong header to be my target man and some skilled players for my 2 AMCs. Bought a great Midfielder too that became my cap(20 influence, 34 years).

I started the league very well winning almost everygame(Im superior to almost all teams in the league, being matched only by a few) and drawing some, the team is playing nicely and I and every1 is happy with it. I even manage to win against a far superior team on the cup after a great team talk.

But when I reach mid season...

My starts to have problems. My target man had 15 (!!!) hours without scoring, my team shoots like 20-30 times a game and dont score(or score one time) and sometimes they just play awfull and lose by 3-0, 5-1... but in the next game they get a 2-0. seems absurdly random since Im not changing my tactics. The team simple dont play some matches, even when its against a ridiculous bad team. I cant understand, i love this game but it needs to be more clear about what is happening... I have watched some matches and can say that one big problem is that my AMCs and my PL just dont enter in the area, even when they have huge room to do so. They just keep shooting from outside even with long shots on rarely and creativity 5. But besides that, in that "specials" games, they seem to miss every pass, lose every tackle and miss every shot. While the other team seems to be playing like Brazil. Even when they suck at stats.

So can some1 tell me what is wrong??? I buy the suitable players for the positions, make a tactic that work for half season and sudenlly everything goes badly with no apparent reason! How should I react about that? The game isnt telling me anything about what is going on. Actually my players are getting 6-7 even on the game I lost 5-1( I was the favorite).

Thats my third try on this game and Im almost droping it since I cant understand whats is going on.

I have heard all the posts on the tactics forum and still cant solve my problem. Its really anoying to lose without aprent reason.

If some1 can help me and show me that im just stupid I will be very happy, because im starting to believe that the game is really buggy as a lot of ppl are posting here

yep, I realized that themistofelis.

It seems that the team talk plays a HUGE role in game. I mean, you can play real madrid vs. NAC breda and NAC breda plays like Brazil because of a team talk. It is, a good thing in some ways. I mean this happens and of course its great to win games that you cant sometimes by encouraging your team, but I think you have few options for team talk and it is not well explained. I mean, for a thing that plays such a HUGE role in your players ratings you should have more info about it. I will make a experience when i have the time. When I find "THE" Team Talk that makes my team plays like Brazil I will load the game and play the same game with poor players and **** tactics and see what happens

• SI Staff

"Tactics cracking" is a myth. Its not in the game.

The two most likely reasons for a downturn in form are:

- A drop in morale or happiness

- People over-fiddling with tactics, when trying to reverse an initial slide

IMHO.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulC:

IMHO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, you are saying we should stick with the same formation-tactic, event if we lose a couple of matches?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bcm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulC:

So, you are saying we should stick with the same formation-tactic, event if we lose a couple of matches? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that depends i think. if i lost a few games on a roll i will start to look at why i lost those games rather than just change the tactics straight away. Because i only believe there is a need to change of tactics if there is a pattern in my losing games. if they are long range fluke goals there is nothing i could do. if i lost because of dubious decision there is nothing i could do either. but if it's because of my defender not picking up the attackers, then maybe there is something i should change in my tactics. maybe i will play a faster defender, or pull the DL back so they are not so close to the attackers etc.

If you lose a couple of games because of fluke goals, i wouldn't bother to change too much.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bcm:

So, you are saying we should stick with the same formation-tactic, event if we lose a couple of matches? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just dont do anything rash or hasty. You could win 10, lose 2 and think you need to change tactics. Perhaps you dont and the next 5 games could be wins.

If its worked before, then it can work again!

Thank you, I appreciate your response. icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry wrong smily icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Filbert Fox:

Paul,

This is the first ever FM (or CM game for that matter) I've felt the need to download a tactic from the tactics forum.

Will it ever be possible to download tactics SI create that the AI use in the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are interrested on how the AI use tactics, and own FM07 cd, you can easly watch your ass man.

Just dont do anything rash or hasty. You could win 10, lose 2 and think you need to change tactics. Perhaps you dont and the next 5 games could be wins.

If its worked before, then it can work again! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This used to happen to me ALL THE EFFING TIME on my Liverpool games and I'd do exactly has PaulC has said here:

Noodle around with the tactic thinking something is wrong when really it was just a blip. I would seriously recommend "Riding out" the storm - just stick with the tactic which was obviously working before and it will work again.

Just one other tip: never EVER EVER (I cannot stress this enough) say anything negative to your players in team talks during these difficult times - always be as positive as possible.

"Sympathize" and "Encourage" no matter how much you want to wring their necks!!

You'll be amazed at the response.

Hope this is helpful icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

If its worked before, then it can work again! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This used to happen to me ALL THE EFFING TIME on my Liverpool games and I'd do exactly has PaulC has said here:

Noodle around with the tactic thinking something is wrong when really it was just a blip. I would seriously recommend "Riding out" the storm - just stick with the tactic which was obviously working before and it will work again.

Just one other tip: never EVER EVER (I cannot stress this enough) say anything negative to your players in team talks during these difficult times - always be as positive as possible.

"Sympathize" and "Encourage" no matter how much you want to wring their necks!!

You'll be amazed at the response.

Hope this is helpful icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Every single time I use encourage my team falls apart in the second half.

This used to happen in 07 when I said I was pleased at half time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Filbert Fox:

There isn't an encourage option after the match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooops, I only read Sympathize. Sorry.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Tactics cracking" is a myth. Its not in the game.

- People over-fiddling with tactics, when trying to reverse an initial slide </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could the AI adapting to your tactics also be a reason?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SiDolman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Tactics cracking" is a myth. Its not in the game.

- People over-fiddling with tactics, when trying to reverse an initial slide </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could the AI adapting to your tactics also be a reason? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they do adapt to your tactics then surely they don't unadapt suddenly?

Surely the only way around that is to change your tactics?

Hey guys, srry about the confusion here...

I got what was happening, no tweaking needed at all.

Just changed some team talk and everything worked!

Its a nice thing to give such importance to team talk but i think the game should be more clear about what is going on... Sometimes your team have 6-7 by 4,5 games and you are still losing and playing badly without apparent reason.

An warn from the assistant manager should be fine to tell the manager he needs to take off pressure, put on some pressure or maybe rest some players or change the captain.

It is really sad to lose to a team that you are waaaayyyy better and dont have a clue why your team played so badly while the other is playing like brazil.

The AI may adapt to your tactics but depending of it you may not need changing. But if you are total depending of a player you may need to change somethings. I play a 3-1-3-2-1 since I started the game and havent changed a bit and I got a lower division team.

I just want to say to SI that since team talk(and media talk too) influence the game so much, that at least we should have more info about what is happening. I think one nice way to do this is to have the option to hire a Psichologist(srry, dont know if its spelled this way) to tell you the status of your players and recomend team talks. Nowadays a lot of teams have psichologists and it would be a nice feature to have on game, and of course, it would help us understand this, still obscure, part of it.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

A lot of the base AI tactics are already there if you know where to look.

You wouldn't want SI tactics though, they're all crap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Ride it out - I totally agree with. Like others have said, there's other factors to consider in FM08.

Unless you're possibly cheating in some way or another, it's always likely that you're going to get beaten at some point. If your tactic was working before, play a few more games and work on the team morale.

Too much tweeking will do more harm than good.

Ermm... not sure this needed uppage after the OP had replied with:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I got what was happening, no tweaking needed at all.

Just changed some team talk and everything worked! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_wink.gif

Archived