PDA

View Full Version : Call a Pure Virtual Function

mikemanutd
24-12-2007, 07:25
Does anyone know how to call a pure virtual function so I can put a debug break in it? Please, Im dying to play the game now.

stokes_83
24-12-2007, 07:29
Take the rotary girter out and inject a few thousand jiggawatts

mikemanutd
24-12-2007, 07:30
http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

mikemanutd
24-12-2007, 07:31
do i need a new ram or something it stopping me playing the game, my RAM is 512MB

DamianY2J
24-12-2007, 07:35
Explain yourself properly - explain what your problem is, include screenshots of error messages, and describe what's happened - then we might help you.

mikemanutd
24-12-2007, 07:42
well u had a thread that got 4000+ views bout this problem and no one helped me but it was on the bugs forum. so here it goes.... im just playing around on the game and then this happens
1. Serious error had occured and the application must close. An error file has been placed in the Crash dumps folder. (nothing goes into the crash dumps folder)
2. An error report comes up saying dont send or send. (this doesnt help in the slightest)
3. Title of pop up: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error.
Runtime Error
(say what the game is and where)
R6025:
Pure Virtual Function Call

microsoft say i need to call a pure virtual function and place a debugbreak in it but I dont know how to call it or place a debubreak in it.
Sorry dont know how to place screen shots on the thread.

mikemanutd
24-12-2007, 11:48
no one this is annyoing and worrying

acidmonkey
24-12-2007, 12:20
you cant do it as it involves seeing the actual game code which isn't possible

RTHerringbone
24-12-2007, 12:29
Originally posted by stokes_83:

http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

mikemanutd
25-12-2007, 03:25
Originally posted by acidmonkey:
you cant do it as it involves seeing the actual game code which isn't possible

im guessing this mean i cant fix the game and RTHerringbone and stokes_83 what does that mean.

mikemanutd
27-12-2007, 02:41

williamshankley
27-12-2007, 04:47
Originally posted by RTHerringbone:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stokes_83:

http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HHUK
27-12-2007, 04:58
You're in dire need of a flux capacitor.

This field intentionally left blank
27-12-2007, 07:49
Load the .exe into a hex editor, find the vtable for the class in question and replace the null pointer with a pointer of your choice. In hex my favourite pointer is 0xdeadbeef.

BTW, you've just violated the ULA.

mikemanutd
27-12-2007, 14:50
http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
i dont know wat i have done way a flux capacitor and wat the hell is the ULA and where can i get hex editor from

mikemanutd
27-12-2007, 15:11
Originally posted by This field intentionally left blank:
Load the .exe into a hex editor, find the vtable for the class in question and replace the null pointer with a pointer of your choice. In hex my favourite pointer is 0xdeadbeef.

BTW, you've just violated the ULA.

how do u load the .exe into hex editor and wat is the .exe for fm08 is it fm.exe?

rebelstar
29-12-2007, 03:02
Hello!
I have the same problem and i'm not sure it's good idea to edit fm.exe with hex editor. Does anybody have another decision?

mikemanutd
31-12-2007, 03:36
anyone out there wit a suggestion they can EXPLAIN FULLY please

31-12-2007, 03:48
If you hit ctrl+Alt+delete 3 times, you should get a pop up onto your screen.

You will be able to open up a dtection program. This will enable you to more easily detect when people are taking the p1ss out of you.

Flux Capacitor?!? FFS, haven't you ever seen 'Back to the Future'?

mikemanutd
31-12-2007, 05:55
part of it and wat the hell is the ctrl+alt+delete thing 3 times...nothing happpens

DamianY2J
31-12-2007, 06:01
OK, you seem to be going around in circles. Here is the proper answer:

- You can't debug or do anything to the game's code. So that's that.

- To solve the error, try and updating your graphics card or reinstalling the game. That is your only solution.

However, this thread should not be in this forum. Please write it in the Bugs Forum and wait for a reply. If you don't get any, then no-one can help.

Wlv
31-12-2007, 06:09
Got a big/decent Hard Drive?

Try upping your virtual RAM.

Right Click on My Computer
Properties
Advanced Tab
Click Settings in the Performance area.
Click Change under the virtual RAM area.
Up the initial and the maximum values.

Before doing this, please make sure you've reinstalled the game and patched it to the latest version.

Failing that you may have a ****ed version of Windows or just a **** pc/drivers.

Start>Run>dxdiag tells you all your pc stats http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

mikemanutd
31-12-2007, 11:19
Originally posted by DamianY2J:

- To solve the error, try and updating your graphics card or reinstalling the game. That is your only solution.

However, this thread should not be in this forum. Please write it in the Bugs Forum and wait for a reply. If you don't get any, then no-one can help.

update graphics card and reinstalled the game

i had a hot topic in the bugs forum but got new answer

DamianY2J
31-12-2007, 16:28
Originally posted by mikemanutd:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DamianY2J:

update graphics card and reinstalled the game

i had a hot topic in the bugs forum but got new answer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then either wait for an answer or you'll have to accept that no-one knows the answer.

stevie_G_32201
31-12-2007, 17:10
Originally posted by HHUK:
You're in dire need of a flux capacitor.

i just so happens i found one of these in my pocket today and i decide to flog it to the highets bidder whos guna start me? i got 5 xeobytes over here? 24 xeobyts thank you any advance?

mikemanutd
01-01-2008, 07:53
http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

mikemanutd
01-01-2008, 07:55
how can a game be made with a problem that cant be fixed....it just pure stupidity...think if i sent a letter to SI i would get a reply (doubt it)

ajcardall
01-01-2008, 08:26
I'm not sure it's a problem with the game per se, because I don't think anyone else has every come across this issue. The problem is more likely found in your machine. Have you tried installing the game on a different computer, and seeing what happens? If it runs fine, then the problem lies with your computer. If not, take the game back.

mikemanutd
03-01-2008, 02:17
i think it is something to do with the game and pc. somethin on the pc or somethin the pc is lacking isnt mixing very well with the game

robertodibaggio
03-01-2008, 02:32
i think it is something to do with the game and pc. somethin on the pc or somethin the pc is lacking isnt mixing very well with the game

Your technical jargon is confusing me.

Blatantlyoriginal
03-01-2008, 03:13
Just out of curiosity, whats the specs of your computer?

mikemanutd
03-01-2008, 11:29
512MB Ram
3GHZ Processor
Graphic Card=GeForce FX 5200 (9.0c directX)
Windows XP Home Edition

now i have told you please reply..its annoying when people ask me a question and i answer it and they dont reply

Dappen
03-01-2008, 11:33
un-install the game, re-install the game, what happens then?

x42bn6
03-01-2008, 11:43
When a program is written, it is generally compiled into machine code, as is Football Manager 2007 and 2008.

Now, programs like Visio and Visual C++ can run programs in little "sandboxes", so they can, say, monitor what goes on in the computer while it runs. Not just files it creates and stuff, but rather how virtual memory and registers are used. It forms the basis of programs such as FM Modifier, analysing memory.

Unfortunately, Microsoft, when you install what I'd imagine is Microsoft Visual Basic with Microsoft Visual C++ with various other things, whenever a program encounters an error, it assumes you are a technical expert and then thinks you will be able to debug the program. Not just modify the underlying code, but the memory too! Obviously, few people are capable of such a thing, but the error message is in such a way that people will usually click debug or something, because they think Microsoft is so good at software design, it will debug for you.

It doesn't. And I highly doubt many people can.

So what I suggest: Ignore this stupid message, it's doubtful this is the solution. It's almost like finding your car broken down, and instead of checking if your ignition key is inside, you take your car apart to find the problem.

You can view Microsoft's description, too. But don't follow any of their instructions, there's no point.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125749

I am inclined to think it's a botched install. Try uninstalling your game and re-installing. Otherwise, it could be various issues, including broken DirectX drivers or spyware. But do the reinstall first.

x42bn6
03-01-2008, 11:49
I've done a little poking around, too, and it could be your graphics card, but this is unlikely looking at yours.

You could try getting updated drivers from nVidia. But again, I doubt this is the case and it's not really a nice path, updating your graphics drivers, when you get it wrong.

What I did find out was that this error is quite widespread over multiple games so it could well be graphics card or DirectX-related.

mikemanutd
04-01-2008, 02:27
Originally posted by Dappen:
un-install the game, re-install the game, what happens then?

it still doesnt work

mikemanutd
04-01-2008, 02:32
my version of CirectX is 9.0c and the game says the graphic card must be 8.1 compatiable so you think i should install 8.1 over 9.0c or should it work with 9.0c and somewhere i have read that someone fixed this problem on CM03/04 by installing windows XP service pack 2 but i cant install it. it doesnt show up on windows update...does this mena i already have it

bwfcant
04-01-2008, 03:00
i hve the sme specs as you, but nothing came up on mine

Chilliconcarnie
04-01-2008, 03:12
un install the game. go to c:\program files\sports interactive\ and delete the football manager 2008 folder. then reinstall.

postal postie
04-01-2008, 05:17
how can a game be made with a problem that cant be fixed....it just pure stupidity...think if i sent a letter to SI i would get a reply (doubt it)

you expect SI to release a game complete with all code that can be viewed?

mikemanutd
04-01-2008, 06:58
Originally posted by Chilliconcarnie:
un install the game. go to c:\program files\sports interactive\ and delete the football manager 2008 folder. then reinstall.

been there done that several times

mikemanutd
04-01-2008, 06:59
Originally posted by postal postie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikemanutd:

you expect SI to release a game complete with all code that can be viewed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no i expect the game code not to contain any faults and if it does there should be a way of fixing it

x42bn6
04-01-2008, 18:08
I don't think it's the game. If the CD was scratched, say, the install would've quite likely not completed itself.

Alright, I think we've exhausted the possible avenues. You have an nVidia card, so go to http://www.nvidia.com > Download drivers > Enter all your computer details and search, or use Option 2. Follow all the instructions carefully. Before doing any installing, I suggest you go and dig out the CD that came with the original drivers for your video card just in case something goes wrong. Get the latest drivers and install them, restart your computer, then give the game a shot again.

It could well be a corrupted DirectX driver or something - if you play any other games, does this happen? You can also try installing DirectX 9.0c again (http://www.download.com/Microsoft-DirectX-Drivers-Redistributable/3000-2121_4-10617608.htm l - a copy here), restart your system and try again.

Keep us updated.

Amaroq
05-01-2008, 00:42
http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif to x42bn6 - useful and helpful, especially the explanation about debugging.

mikemanutd
05-01-2008, 02:02
Originally posted by x42bn6:
I don't think it's the game. If the CD was scratched, say, the install would've quite likely not completed itself.

Alright, I think we've exhausted the possible avenues. You have an nVidia card, so go to http://www.nvidia.com > Download drivers > Enter all your computer details and search, or use Option 2. Follow all the instructions carefully. Before doing any installing, I suggest you go and dig out the CD that came with the original drivers for your video card just in case something goes wrong. Get the latest drivers and install them, restart your computer, then give the game a shot again.

It could well be a corrupted DirectX driver or something - if you play any other games, does this happen? You can also try installing DirectX 9.0c again (http://www.download.com/Microsoft-DirectX-Drivers-Redistributable/3000-2121_4-10617608.htm l - a copy here), restart your system and try again.

Keep us updated.

i till give this a go. thanks for your time. sorry to say but it cant be the disc because I have had the game now with new different disc (it is the only refund policy game offer) and it didnt work with either disc so i doubt it is that.

mikemanutd
05-01-2008, 02:05
well I have a few games which would work which I thought would need better graphics eg. Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142. But Medieval Total War 2 doesnt work - doesnt install fully somethin to do with a voice1.dat file being wrong or something. You think it is related (i dont).

mikemanutd
05-01-2008, 05:23
x42bn6 it didnt work what you suggested. I downloaded the directX from the link you gave and it worked for about 2 hours and then the problem reoccured. So i tried to install it again and the problem happened straight away. I have alreayd tried the latest nvidia update. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

mikemanutd
05-01-2008, 11:41
any other ideas?

auto98uk
05-01-2008, 11:53
I don't suppose you would know how to reinstall windows? The fact that it worked for a while indicates it is a system problem, either hardware or software

When it occurred again after it had worked for 2 hours, how did it crash - was it exactly the same?

x42bn6
05-01-2008, 21:12
x42bn6 it didnt work what you suggested. I downloaded the directX from the link you gave and it worked for about 2 hours and then the problem reoccured. So i tried to install it again and the problem happened straight away. I have alreayd tried the latest nvidia update. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Alright, we are getting somewhere! What did you do so the game ran for 2 hours? What order, basically?

Is it:

1) DirectX, played game, crashed, update video card, nothing happened
2) DirectX, update video card, played game, crashed

Or if you didn't need to update at all.

If it is the former, it's probably something dodgy with your card, though I have absolutely no idea about how to go about fixing that (that error message is so vague).

If it's the latter, it suggests even the "best" updates cause the problem but do get you somewhere.

I've done some more poking around, but I don't have an nVidia card so I can't really help you here. Try looking for your nVidia settings, perhaps in Display Settings (right-click Desktop > Properties > Settings > Advanced?), and then look for something along the lines of "Windows Media Acceleration", and disable it, and see if that works. Something tells me no, as well, because that's related to video, but who knows? I saw this as a solution for Roxio's products.

x42bn6
05-01-2008, 21:13
I've also found this: http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/WinXP/microsoft.pub...006-04/msg00146.html (http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/WinXP/microsoft.public.windowsxp.games/2006-04/msg00146.html) Try the first few - I've already suggest some of them.

mikemanutd
06-01-2008, 07:44
Originally posted by auto98uk:
I don't suppose you would know how to reinstall windows? The fact that it worked for a while indicates it is a system problem, either hardware or software

When it occurred again after it had worked for 2 hours, how did it crash - was it exactly the same?

yeah

mikemanutd
06-01-2008, 07:46
to x42bn6 i had already tried it with the latest version of nvidia update so i installed directX 9.0c again and it worked then it crashed. so i tried to see wta would happen if i installed it again but it crashed after going on for a minute then.

mikemanutd
06-01-2008, 08:27
the website u sent me x42bn6 was a http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif especially the one it suggested in 5 i think but most of it i have alreayd tried and none of the other helped. still there

x42bn6
06-01-2008, 18:32
Time for drastics, I think. Have you managed to find your nVidia control panel?

mikemanutd
07-01-2008, 00:19
yeah but couldnt find anything useful on it but that was because i dont really know what the things did

mikemanutd
07-01-2008, 00:21
the options on the control panel are:
adjust image setting with preview
run display optimization wizard
move CRT screen position
change resolution
adjust desktop colour settings
rotate display
set up multiple displays
adjust video colour settings

Talented_Red
07-01-2008, 02:10
Open start->run-> type eventvwr; press enter

Windows event viewer will open,check the application log. I believe there will be a lot of errors logged.

right click on application-> clear log.

open the game in order to reproduce the error you are getting.

refresh the application log, read the events with type=error and provide the event ids.

gianps
07-01-2008, 02:15
if you have no problem, you could try a fresh installation of windows xp (format and reinstall), so you'll have your computer clean.

Then install directx (the new one) and football manager to see if it works.

By the way you should upgrade your computer to 1 giga of ram..

x42bn6
07-01-2008, 13:54
the options on the control panel are:
adjust image setting with preview
run display optimization wizard
move CRT screen position
change resolution
adjust desktop colour settings
rotate display
set up multiple displays
adjust video colour settings

Ugh, doesn't help.

Follow Talented_Red's solution. It could be useful.

Chezwig©
07-01-2008, 13:59
Is this thread a wind up?

mikemanutd
08-01-2008, 11:30
Originally posted by gianps:
if you have no problem, you could try a fresh installation of windows xp (format and reinstall), so you'll have your computer clean.

Then install directx (the new one) and football manager to see if it works.

By the way you should upgrade your computer to 1 giga of ram..

unfortunately i have already tried reloading windows XP and it didnt work and my dad is too tight fisted to buy a nerw ram so 512MB will have to suffice. i know people with 512MB ram who it works perfectly for

mikemanutd
08-01-2008, 11:31
Originally posted by Chezwig©:

no really it a extremely frustrating problem. iamagine buyin g a game u couldnt get a refund for and it doesnt work and you dont know why. now u know how i feel.

mikemanutd
08-01-2008, 11:35
Originally posted by Talented_Red:
Open start->run-> type eventvwr; press enter

Windows event viewer will open,check the application log. I believe there will be a lot of errors logged.

right click on application-> clear log.

open the game in order to reproduce the error you are getting.

refresh the application log, read the events with type=error and provide the event ids.

once I have found the error thing what I am looking for do I right click the error and go into properties?

safc4eva
08-01-2008, 11:40
Have you tried defragmenting the discombobulator?

mikemanutd
08-01-2008, 11:42
well his is the data it give in bytes:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 66 6d 2e ure fm.
0018: 65 78 65 20 38 2e 30 2e exe 8.0.
0020: 31 2e 34 38 37 37 34 20 1.48774
0028: 69 6e 20 66 6d 2e 65 78 in fm.ex
0030: 65 20 38 2e 30 2e 31 2e e 8.0.1.
0038: 34 38 37 37 34 20 61 74 48774 at
0040: 20 6f 66 66 73 65 74 20 offset
0048: 30 30 62 33 37 35 32 36 00b37526
0050: 0d 0a ..
and in words:
0000: 6c707041 74616369 206e6f69 6c696146
0010: 20657275 2e6d6620 20657865 2e302e38
0020: 38342e31 20343737 66206e69 78652e6d
0030: 2e382065 2e312e30 37373834 74612034
0040: 66666f20 20746573 33623030 36323537
0050: 0a0d

the description it gives is:
Faulting applcation fm.exe, version 8.0.1.48774, faulting module fm.exe, version 8.0.1.48774, fault address 0x00b37526.

when i go to the help and support centre in say the internet page has connection problem but i cna access other internet stuff.

DamianY2J
08-01-2008, 14:21
See my reply below.

Post in the bugs forum, as that is the best place to get an answer. You will NOT get a good enough answer to solve your problem in this forum.

If no-one replies in the bugs forum, then try the PC Support forum, where SI themselves might reply eventually.

Those other forums are your only and best chance of solving it.

This forum cannot and probably will not help.

Talented_Red
08-01-2008, 23:13
well his is the data it give in bytes:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 66 6d 2e ure fm.
0018: 65 78 65 20 38 2e 30 2e exe 8.0.
0020: 31 2e 34 38 37 37 34 20 1.48774
0028: 69 6e 20 66 6d 2e 65 78 in fm.ex
0030: 65 20 38 2e 30 2e 31 2e e 8.0.1.
0038: 34 38 37 37 34 20 61 74 48774 at
0040: 20 6f 66 66 73 65 74 20 offset
0048: 30 30 62 33 37 35 32 36 00b37526
0050: 0d 0a ..
and in words:
0000: 6c707041 74616369 206e6f69 6c696146
0010: 20657275 2e6d6620 20657865 2e302e38
0020: 38342e31 20343737 66206e69 78652e6d
0030: 2e382065 2e312e30 37373834 74612034
0040: 66666f20 20746573 33623030 36323537
0050: 0a0d

the description it gives is:
Faulting applcation fm.exe, version 8.0.1.48774, faulting module fm.exe, version 8.0.1.48774, fault address 0x00b37526.

when i go to the help and support centre in say the internet page has connection problem but i cna access other internet stuff.

It is difficult to say for sure because the error description is not very informative. Thats expected from windows - very technical error codes.

1. run a memory test using memtest86 found at http://www.memtest86.com/

2. Enable/ disable hardware acceleration settings. control panel-> display properties-> settings->advanced->troubleshoot. change the hardware acceleration settings.
Also change the screen resolution to 1024*768 px

3. Are you using norton/ symantec antivirus?

Talented_Red
08-01-2008, 23:34
Do this only if you are not using these versions of directx and java runtime:

1. download and install directx 9.0c November 2007 update - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...D17B8&displaylang=en (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1A2393C0-1B2F-428E-BD79-02DF977D17B8&displaylang=en)

2. uninstall your current java runtime and install the latest java runtime Java6 update 3 -
http://www.filehippo.com/download_java_runtime/

mikemanutd
09-01-2008, 10:20
See my reply below.

Post in the bugs forum, as that is the best place to get an answer. You will NOT get a good enough answer to solve your problem in this forum.

If no-one replies in the bugs forum, then try the PC Support forum, where SI themselves might reply eventually.

Those other forums are your only and best chance of solving it.

This forum cannot and probably will not help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DamianY2J:

However, this thread should not be in this forum. Please write it in the Bugs Forum and wait for a reply. If you don't get any, then no-one can help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

people are being more helpful in this forum. I have threads in the other two forums and no one has replyed.

mikemanutd
09-01-2008, 10:22
im using AVG but the problem was occuring before we got this

x42bn6
09-01-2008, 15:39
And another question: Do you run this in fullscreen or windowed mode?

Have you had this problem with any other game?

mikemanutd
11-01-2008, 00:06
I run the game in full screen mode. All my other games worked fine except Medieval Total War 2 which I cna tinstall properly. But i can still play it but it is very slow and I cant watch any of the videos on the game. The file it cant install is a voice1.dat. something to do with a corrupt cab file i think.

x42bn6
11-01-2008, 07:20
Try forcing it to run in windowed mode (http://www.sigames.com/sibase.php?type=view&id=147), some video cards are buggy at some resolutions.

mikemanutd
11-01-2008, 13:58
nope didnt work. it worked for a while but then it went. prob if i try it now it wont work within 5mins. mite not be able to get in touch over tis weekend but keep posting. I am truly thankful of your help. much mire useful then SI.

x42bn6
13-01-2008, 08:32
Ehm, I'm running out of ideas.

Does Football Manager 2007 work for you, if you have it?

Dirkjan
13-01-2008, 11:04
I'm having the same problem. this shows every time, 25 oktober 2007.

screenshot:
http://home.wanadoo.nl/jjvanoord/fout.jpg

there are a lot of good things here, but i tried everything. I guess i'll restart my game and hope the same players will come....

phnompenhandy
13-01-2008, 18:08
Originally posted by Chezwig©:

The question isn't, but some of the responses are hilarious. Even better is that the OP has no sense of humour of Sci-Fi backgound. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

mikemanutd
14-01-2008, 00:13
Originally posted by x42bn6:

i never had fm07 but fm06 worked. im waiting for my friend to let me borrow his fm07 because im not expecting fm08 to start working any time soon.

mikemanutd
14-01-2008, 00:14
Originally posted by Dirkjan:

screenshot:

there are a lot of good things here, but i tried everything. I guess i'll restart my game and hope the same players will come....

tat the 1st pop up that comes up on mine but not at a certain date. Does anything else come up on yours.?

Talented_Red
14-01-2008, 02:42
Originally posted by Dirkjan:

screenshot:

What is the graphics card name of your computer?

Talented_Red
14-01-2008, 02:49
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by x42bn6:

i never had fm07 but fm06 worked. im waiting for my friend to let me borrow his fm07 because im not expecting fm08 to start working any time soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did the demo of FM2007/ FM2008 work?

mikemanutd
14-01-2008, 11:18
my grpahic card is Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 and yes the demo for fm07 did work on my pc.

Burscoughnian
14-01-2008, 11:56
how do u load the .exe into hex editor and wat is the .exe for fm08 is it fm.exe?

No offence but if you're unsure on how to find the .exe I really don't think you're the man to be calling pure virtual functions, no matter how many E's you've swallowed this evening.

Moonshine
14-01-2008, 12:00
well u had a thread that got 4000+ views bout this problem and no one helped me but it was on the bugs forum. so here it goes.... im just playing around on the game and then this happens
1. Serious error had occured and the application must close. An error file has been placed in the Crash dumps folder. (nothing goes into the crash dumps folder)
2. An error report comes up saying dont send or send. (this doesnt help in the slightest)
3. Title of pop up: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error.
Runtime Error
(say what the game is and where)
R6025:
Pure Virtual Function Call

microsoft say i need to call a pure virtual function and place a debugbreak in it but I dont know how to call it or place a debubreak in it.

Had a similar problem, with Ctash Dumps and all that. I uninstalled the game, deleted the patch and then re-installed it and the patch. My old save games work fine, as does the game.

betterspud
14-01-2008, 12:50
@mikemanutd

It's a massive task for anyone to find the root of your problem without sitting at your keyboard. There could be a thousand things that could be causing you a problem. Maybe a combination of several.

Since it sounds like you've already reinstalled several times and have checked graphics drivers and suchlike, you've already discounted some of the common possibilities. The issue probably arises due to some kind of problem with either your hardware, your operating system (Windows) or some other software on your system which is/are causing conflicts. It is not uncommon for these problems to come to light while running FM, since, for a lot of users, FM is the most system-hungry application that they ever run.
FM places a huge load on your system and needs a lot of resources (RAM, CPU time, etc) while running. When your PC is under heavy load like this, any number of small problems which normally go unnoticed, start to cause fatal errors.

Anyhow, in order to get FM running, you may have to do a lot of work and you will either need a fair amount of knowledge to get there without causing more issues or you'll need to find a friend who can help you. Since some of the basic things like reinstalling and checking drivers didn't work, it's likely that you'll need to try some more technical stuff.

I'm assuming that this problem first occurred several weeks/months ago? It is possible that something on your system changed and caused the error. Maybe something that you (or someone else) installed, either hardware or software. Have you considered using System Restore to roll back to a time that you know your system was stable?

Some steps I'd advise (generally these will help with your PCs performance regardless of FM), would include...

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI>Get a copy of 'Adaware' or 'Spybot Search & Destroy' or even better, both. They are both available to download and they both have excellent free versions, search for them on Google. Running both of these will clear out any Adwareand/or Spyware from your system. If you've never done this before, you'll be amazed at how much they'll remove.

<LI>Defrag your hard drive. Either with the dergragger built in to XP, or get any of the good free downloadable ones. It's unlikely that this will be the cause of your problem, but it may contribute and is always worth doing.

<LI>Remove any unwanted software from your system, especially anything that was installed prior to the error developing.

<LI>If it's viable, doing a clean reinstall of windows is a good option when all else has failed, but you will need to back up anything you cannot afford to lose. It is also possible to use the windows disk to repair your Windows installation, but I'm not sure how successful this might be.

<LI>The best advice I can give is to register at one of the good PC Help sites, like PC Help Forum (http://www.pchelpforum.com/) and check some of the posts on there. You're bound to find plenty of good advice, plus if you post your problem, the guys on there are usually very good at helping you get to the bottom of the problem.
[/list]

PHEW! I didn't intend to make that quite as long as it is. I hope that something in there helps (if any of it makes any sense http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ) and that you get to the bottom of it.

Good Luck. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

McDoul
14-01-2008, 13:00
im using AVG but the problem was occuring before we got this

Not AVG, I'm using on a multitude of machines, 3 of which have FM2008 on.

Talented_Red
14-01-2008, 23:31
my grpahic card is Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 and yes the demo for fm07 did work on my pc.

Please try the demo of FM2008 and see what's the behaviour.

sam22
15-01-2008, 04:17
What a fantastic thread http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Pure comedy.

mikemanutd
15-01-2008, 11:57
Originally posted by Burscoughnian:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

No offence but if you're unsure on how to find the .exe I really don't think you're the man to be calling pure virtual functions, no matter how many E's you've swallowed this evening. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i know im not the man to be calling pure virtual functions

mikemanutd
15-01-2008, 11:58
Originally posted by sam22:
What a fantastic thread http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Pure comedy.

if your not gonna be helpful and just take delight out of my problem then bog off

mikemanutd
15-01-2008, 12:02
to betterspud, I already have spybot search & destroy I already have spybot seacha and destroy so tried that. I have already done a clean reinstall of windows...actually got a pro to do waste of time. I will try the defrag and PC Help forum.

mikemanutd
19-01-2008, 01:51
lost of idea it seems, thanks for your help guys anyway.

hammersjj
19-01-2008, 03:00
Firstly a general tip someone mentioned system restore, using system restore to go back months is a hugely bad idea. It is designed to go back a day at the most.

You say you have had the system wiped and reinstalled by a pro? Assuming he reinstalled it with all the latest drivers did you reinstall any other software that was on previously before running FM?
If the answer is yes then it is possible this software is causing the conflict.

However your problem sounds hardware related to be honest. As other people have mentioned the most likely causes of hardware conflicts are RAM, hard drive or graphics card.
It is entirely possible that your hardware has a fault that is so minor it has not shown up in general use, but the strain FM is putting it under causes problems. Is there anyway you can get hold of spare parts and start trying them (you could ask a friend very very nicely lol).

Change the RAM (as it is the easiest to do) and test the game. Change the graphics card (use latest drivers for the install) and test the game. The hard drive is another story it is unlikely anyone will have a spare hard drive lying about that you can install windows on but if you can get hold of one try this.

williamshankley
19-01-2008, 05:54
Originally posted by sam22:

Pure comedy.

http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Rob85
19-01-2008, 07:42
Try this!! Start up your computer without the game in it... then before you put the game give it a good wipe, insert the game and before you start it up and then threaten it!!
That usually works for me http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Chas (Psyatika)
19-01-2008, 07:59

Whoever told you that is ****ing ********.

If you don't know what it means, then don't even attempt to do it. Seriously.

Hey, stop that!

mikemanutd
19-01-2008, 11:15
Originally posted by Chas (Psyatika):
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikemanutd:

Whoever told you that is ****ing ********.

If you don't know what it means, then don't even attempt to do it. Seriously.

Hey, stop that! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i completely agree microsft the people who told me to do that are ****ing ********

mikemanutd
19-01-2008, 11:17
Originally posted by hammersjj:
Firstly a general tip someone mentioned system restore, using system restore to go back months is a hugely bad idea. It is designed to go back a day at the most.

You say you have had the system wiped and reinstalled by a pro? Assuming he reinstalled it with all the latest drivers did you reinstall any other software that was on previously before running FM?
If the answer is yes then it is possible this software is causing the conflict.

However your problem sounds hardware related to be honest. As other people have mentioned the most likely causes of hardware conflicts are RAM, hard drive or graphics card.
It is entirely possible that your hardware has a fault that is so minor it has not shown up in general use, but the strain FM is putting it under causes problems. Is there anyway you can get hold of spare parts and start trying them (you could ask a friend very very nicely lol).

Change the RAM (as it is the easiest to do) and test the game. Change the graphics card (use latest drivers for the install) and test the game. The hard drive is another story it is unlikely anyone will have a spare hard drive lying about that you can install windows on but if you can get hold of one try this.

when i had windows reinstalled the 1st thing i installed on the pc was fm08. the only things left on it were my documents and the word file in it, nero start smart, AVG and microsft word.

hammersjj
19-01-2008, 12:19
Ok there are enough people playing the game with nero, word and avg installed (me included) to rule those out.
Like I said earlier it sounds like hardware, no pc engineer is going to take on he task of fixing a problem only caused by one game, well I wouldn't it is asking for trouble.

You may be back to swapping parts yourself if you can borrow some.

mikemanutd
20-01-2008, 11:02
i will see what i can get hold of but I really doubt I will be able to get hold of any spare parts.

mikemanutd
21-01-2008, 10:42
defragging didnt work

Starr_Man5
21-01-2008, 10:54
Reading through this thread, it's all so clear now.

http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

hammersjj
21-01-2008, 10:59
Defragmenting will make a small improvement to performance if your system is working well. It won't cure a problem with hardware or software conflicts. Also if the disc has been reset recently it won't have had chance to become too fragnmented anyway.

You have essentially ruled out software issues by doing the system reset. You need to start looking at hardware.

mikemanutd
26-01-2008, 09:36
not been bale to get hold of any spare parts. I have to admit I am getting curious about my RAM. Dont know why...just a feeling.

Anyway, I was wondering whether it could be the skin and if I used a new skin it would fixz it because that is a visual fix. Just wondering. I would be grateful if some could post a link to a thread that isnt stupid.

mikemanutd
02-02-2008, 03:19
Football Manager 07 seems to have the same problem.

DaveRH
02-02-2008, 04:41
I would say that you have something physically wrong with your computer.

Two important things to check: get hold of a memory tester (I use Memtest (http://hcidesign.com/memtest/) myself) and run that for as long as you can. If you get errors then your memory is goofed and it needs replacing.

Next test your CPU to see if there is a fault there: Hot CPU tester (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download273.html) seems to be popular.

Run both of these programs for at least 4 hours each (NOT AT THE SAME TIME) and let us know how you get on.

mikemanutd
03-02-2008, 11:53
i will give it a try but it maybe a week or more before I get the chance to run for 4 hours

mikemanutd
06-02-2008, 09:41
i have done the Hot CPU tester and it said there was no errors after 4 hours. I will do the memtest when i have chance.

This field intentionally left blank
06-02-2008, 18:36
What worries me is that if you ever get FM running you'll realize that its much less fun than you had trying to get it to run...

DaveRH
07-02-2008, 02:53
Originally posted by This field intentionally left blank:
What worries me is that if you ever get FM running you'll realize that its much less fun than you had trying to get it to run...

That's a bit subjective. I'm thoroughly enjoying my FM game.

Diego_Werderdona
07-02-2008, 03:20
Have you tried degaussing your screen?
degauss your screen.

mikemanutd
07-02-2008, 11:47
Originally posted by Diego_Werderdona:
Have you tried degaussing your screen?
degauss your screen.

no because i have never heard of this, i will search it google and if i can find it give it a go and to "This field intentionally left blank" you know how ***s off I would be if that happened because trying to fix it is no fun. half the season is gone and i ahvent played it properly yet. knowing my luck I will get it work when fm09 comes out http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

mikemanutd
07-02-2008, 11:55
degaussing didnt work. didnt think it would when all it said on google was to turn my screen on and off

mikemanutd
07-02-2008, 12:10
there must be someone out of all the SI staff, someone who is a C++ developer or know about pure virtual function call, who can spare a few minutes and tell me how to fix this because I am getting very frustrated especially since CM08 work on my pc (I will amdit though it looks so basic compared to fm08 but still it works where this doesnt)

Diego_Werderdona
07-02-2008, 13:46
degaussing looks funny http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DaveRH
07-02-2008, 15:43
Try going to Windows Update and getting hold of the .net framework. That should update some of the Windows inbuilt libraries.

Also - it may be a daft question but are you using the original fm.exe or have you installed anything on top of the game?

Finally - I have to emphasise that this is a problem at Mike ManUtd's end. If there was a major coding error then we would all be suffering from it.

mikemanutd
08-02-2008, 11:36
i havent installed anything over it because I have reinstalled it I dont know how many time and I will take your word the problem is at my end. It was just quite a few people mentioned game code, not me, other people.

mikemanutd
09-02-2008, 00:34
i have the latest .net framework, 3.5 I think it is. If it isnt can someone tell me. Anyway the problem is still there.

Welshace
09-02-2008, 06:01
baring in mind i couldbt be arsed to read through the whole thread but im a computer scientist,
my limited understanding of the R6025 code error is that it is down to either :-

- a ram problem ( and your amount of ram is certainly a problem)

- if this is warez copy its a bad code

- you need to update all drivers from windows update... especially if your on a laptop

- do you happen to be running visual studio? there is a known compatability error with that program and many others

mikemanutd
09-02-2008, 11:03
I dont have visual studios. If anyone knows of any other programs with compatability errors please could you tell me.

hammersjj
10-02-2008, 01:59
If anyone knows of any other programs with compatability errors

As you said earlier you had wiped the disc and there was nothing except windows and avg on there, then unless windows or avg has a compatibility problem it is not the issue here.

It is hardware related and unfortunately there is no way around it except changing or upgrading hardware. You can spend the next 6 months chasing possible software problems but the reinstall rules them all out.

At some point you are going to have to bite the bullet and look at hardware. Run the Ram test as suggested, if it passes then you ram is healthy, this means you need to consider adding ram to take the strain of the rest of the system. If adding ram does not cure it then the problem is your hard drive.

Does the hard drive light come on just before it crashes? This would be a clue that the hard drive is struggling to cope.

DaveRH
10-02-2008, 02:15
Also - consult your Windows error logs (Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Error Reporting) and look for any events which correspond to times when you've tried to start FM (or rather, suffered from this error).

mikemanutd
10-02-2008, 08:24
well if it is definely hardware then its bye bye fm08 because my dad has already said he wont be upgrading the pc.

mikemanutd
14-02-2008, 00:14
i think I could of ruled out it being a hardware problem. Especially a RAM problem. I just dont know. What I do know is that the same problem happened to my FM06 for the first time ever last night and the reocmmened RAM for FM06 is 256MB. What do you think?

Also I am waiting for the patch 8.0.2 to come out hoping it will fix my game......

hammersjj
14-02-2008, 02:02
That actually means it is more likely to be hardware. The problem would not be the amount of RAM (I only have 512 on my machine) but faulty RAM or a hard drive that is struggling to cope. Did you run the RAM test as someone else suggested?

Do you have a friend who has a pc with the same type of RAM, if so borrow it for an hour and plug it into your pc (replacing the RAM you have) run the game. If it crashes it is not the ram if it doesn't it is.

Intrinsic
14-02-2008, 02:49
Mike, seriously, all apart from 1 post i've seen in this entire thread is a complete load of arse and advice given by people who have no clue what they are talking about.

Defragging won't do ****.
Re-installing latest gfx & sounds drivers won't do **** in this situation.
Re-installing Java won't do **** as FM uses the one in it's install directory and not the system one.
If it was a dodgy RAM issue then you'd notice a hell of a lot more issues, general system instability, file corruption(most notably when you'd be shutting down windows and the system dumps the registry updates to the disk causing it to freak out when you boot back up), hell if it was a dodgy RAM issue you'd have struggled to even get windows installed on it as again the writing of the files from RAM to disk would have corrupted them. But running MemTest86 was a good idea regardless on any system ever so-often.

If you do have less than 256mb of ram though, that could be pushing it, best to have 512 to be on the same side, especially if you have XP on it.

On with regards to increasing your VM settings, you should always set those two value's as EXACTLY the same for best performance. General advice for the size is [system ram] * 2.5, although if you have 1.5gigs+ in your system you don't really need more than a 2Gb swap file. So for example with 512mb of ram you could set min and max value's to 1280, but in reality you may as well just set them to 2048. One thing i will say to make sure you get the best performance from your VM settings is to initiall turn off VM, then resart yadda yadda, do a defrag(a few times if needed as what you are looking for is a huge chunk of contiguous free space) then set your VM settings and pray that it creates the swap file inside that big empty space. The last thing you want is a heavily fragmented swap file, it'll just reduce your machines performance to worse than it was.

Then only step you should have considered doing in this instance are:
Re-installing FM & the patch (make sure you uninstalled it 1st of course)
99% of the other suggestions in this were arse.

Possible step that although very highly unlikely to make a difference but worth a shot and a good idea in general:
Windows Update - install all the High Priority ones, don't install that IE7 junk, but that's just a personal preference.

Only in the absolute worse case scenario should you consider re-installing windows. This situation almost with a 99.9% certainty a bug/issue within the game/savegame. Although this is a windows system so a certain amount of voodoo/chaos is involved.

But wait for the patch, it hopefully will solve your problem but of course your save game could just have been corrupted somehow and so nothing but starting a new game will help, which this is a possible reason if you started the game before the 8.0.1 patch. What you should have done though was send the crash dump to SI when this error occured, and then they could have fixed the issue for the up-comming patch, now you just have to hope they are aware of this problem and have fixed it.

DaveRH
14-02-2008, 03:02
What I do know is that the same problem happened to my FM06 for the first time ever last night and the reocmmened RAM for FM06 is 256MB. What do you think?

Also I am waiting for the patch 8.0.2 to come out hoping it will fix my game......

8.0.2 very well may fix the problem, but I doubt it. The fact that you have a creeping error and you've mentioned elsewhere that you have some other problems that don't work still suggest a hardware defect to me.

Did you run the CPU tester?

Intrinsic. Re: RAM. Dodgy ram will not always surface immediately. Let's say that Mike has a failing RAM stick which is corrupting data stored on bad sectors - do you think the problem could not manifest itself this way?

Mucking about with virtual memory isn't likely to fix the problem. Checking HDD for errors might help - especially if FM has been stored on bad sectors.

Given your attitude in your post to people who have been trying to help Mike, why don't you tell us exactly what has caused this and how to fix it without asking an obviously inexperienced user to completely re-install Windows?

Intrinsic
14-02-2008, 03:29
For bad sectors he should bring up a command prompt(start->run->cmd [press enter) and then do chkdsk [drive] /R. IE if FM is installed on D: then chkdsk D: /R
If it's on C: he'll be asked to reboot, if on Dhttp://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gifor another drive) he may be asked to dismount the volume, this is pretty safe so press Y and let it do it's stuff.

"Let's say that Mike has a failing RAM stick which is corrupting data stored on bad sectors - do you think the problem could not manifest itself this way?"
If he has a failing RAM stick regardless of any bad sectors on his Disk(s) it's generally pretty noticable even if the system is under low-stress. The same with if healty data if written to a bad sector on the disk, i doubt if FM would even load it in, at best it should(in theory) throw up an error about the data being corrupted, at worse it'll just crash the game. But from what i understand this happens during the middle(i'd guess when after clicking continue or performing some action) of a game.

And i didn't say that'd he'd need to re-install, imo that'd be of absolutely no use but i listed it as 99.9% as you never know when that 0.1% may happen so covered my bases http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

To really stress his system and highlight cpu/ram issue's when under load he could run something like Prime95 http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm It's a torture test pretty much and used to check system stability.

As for the error itself there is zero(ok, it is possible to fix it ourselves, but as has been said would break the EULA) chance all but a few users on this forum to have the knowledge to fix it. It's an error in the code, plain and simple.

"The error occurs when your application indirectly calls a pure virtual member function in a context where a call to the function is not valid. In most cases, the compiler detects this and reports the error when building the application. But depending on how your code is written, sometimes the problem is detected only at run-time.

The error occurs when you indirectly call a pure virtual function within the context of a call to the constructor or destructor of an abstract base class. This is illustrated in the sample code below, along with some more description.

Calling a pure virtual function is a programming error, so you need to find the call to the pure virtual function and rewrite the code so it is not called."

isuckatfm
14-02-2008, 04:06
@mikemanutd

originally posted by mikemanutd:-

unfortunately i have already tried reloading windows XP and it didnt work and my dad is too tight fisted to buy a nerw ram so 512MB will have to suffice. i know people with 512MB ram who it works perfectly for

Can I ask did you reformat the drive that Windows XP is running from before you reinstalled?

The reason I ask is that this particular issue has arisen with numerous other software and the reformat/reinstall is often a solution to this problem. With other software it has sometimes been found to be an issue with what is called the registry, which is from my basic understanding (anyone who knows better feel free to correct me) the section of the hard drive that controls how the whole operating system runs itself and other applications. Basically it gets corrupted at some point where the operating system is then unable to locate the necessary files to run a particular application, which results in this R6025 error.

If it is a case of registry errors then an expert could probably locate where the problem is but it is not recommended for novices (like myself). I had this R6025 error with Internet Explorer a few months back and the reformatting/reinstalling cleared the problem up (only in an obvious manner in that it hasn't happened since, whether or not there is something still wrong under the hood I don't know). I did alot of what has already been suggested (scan for spyware, defragment, repair Windows, reinstall the application, check the drive for errors) before I took the last throw of the dice step of reformatting and reinstalling XP. I know it is two completely different applications but it's worth a shot. Although I must warn you this can take a long time (it took about 8 hours if I remember correctly for me on a 12GB drive with XP Professional).

hammersjj
14-02-2008, 04:18
Ok I am not posting my CV to prove I have an idea what I am talking about, Intrinsic is obviously going to sort things out for you. But a few points before I go:

A failing ram stick would not necessarily show up until a memory hungry application used it. Windows set up in no way uses all the ram you have in a system, all your pc (the bios) does is check to see how much ram you have, this is a quick check and does not fill the ram cells with data. Only when the cells are used would an error show up. Therefore you run a ram tester which does this.

'Then only step you should have considered doing in this instance are:
Re-installing FM & the patch (make sure you uninstalled it 1st of course)
99% of the other suggestions in this were arse.'

Well that is genius I wish someone had thought of that earlier.

If this is a software error where are the pages of people with the same fault? A Pure Virtual Function call error can mean the function was called at the wrong time, it can also arise when the function is called correctly but is not delivered correctly.

Anyway as intrinsic has the thing covered I can get back to running my company.

mikemanutd
14-02-2008, 12:34
there going to be a lot of little messages from me here.
1. i did send them a file and the zip folder containined pictures of the error
2. no error file came up in the crash dumps folder however I do have an error file of fm06 which is the same problem

and please cant we all just be friendly on this. Thanks for all the help.

mikemanutd
14-02-2008, 12:37
didnt reformat when i reinstalled Windows XP because I didnt do it and I ahev already ran the Prime Test before for most bout 2 hours and nothing came up. If you wany me to run it for longer I will.

RSCA4Ever
14-02-2008, 14:29
I haven't read through the entire thread, but seeing you didn't format your drive yet when reinstalling xp (how can you do that btw?), heres my 2 cents of trying to help out.

I think you should try at least the following;

Step 1:
Backup everything you don't want to loose if possible.

Step 2:
Format your master hd, in case you have more then 1 hd. This step is very important, because imo it's caused by a registry problem that you probably cannot fix manually.

Step 3:
Reinstall windows xp.

Step 4:
Install all your needed drivers (graphics card, audio card, etc.) and update them.

Step 5:
Upgrade windows xp to service pack 2.
When done, again check for updates for xp sp2, and install them.

Step 6:
Install fm08 and run the game.

If you still have the same issue you can be sure it is hardware related, probably incompatible ram sticks.
In this case you can try the following.
Google for a system checking program and run it to see if there are no hardware conflicts.

I know the above steps are time consuming, but seeing you have this problem for so long now i would give it a try.
I don't think this error is the fault of SI, and I'm sure they would already have tried to help you out if they where sure it was a bug caused by the game.
On a side note, nobody else seemed to have the same issue that you have, otherwise someone would already have confirmed this in your thread.
I'm in no way a computer expert but i had my fair share of fixing issues in the past on my former systems.
Just trying to help out, because nothing is more frustrating than a computer problem. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

hammersjj
15-02-2008, 02:14
didnt reformat when i reinstalled Windows XP because I didnt do it

I have already done a clean reinstall of windows...actually got a pro to do waste of time

Ok this makes a difference, you said you had this done professionally I assumed he would have reformatted. If he didn't (just ran windows in place installation) then all your other software could have been left on the drive. In which case this reinstall does not rule out software as a possible cause, and all the posts about hardware may have been pointless.

mikemanutd
16-02-2008, 12:30
Im sorry RSCA4Ever for you to go to so much effort to type all this out but I just dont trust myself to do it. Im pretty rubbish with computers really and I dont want to damage it beyond my own repair.

mikemanutd
17-02-2008, 04:12
8.0.2 doesnt seemed to of fixed. What I find odd though is if I compress thesaved file by ticking the box on preference 4 times out f 5 when I try to load it it say the saved file cannot be loaded but when it load the game runs smoothly http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

mikemanutd
18-02-2008, 13:26
i have found a very odd work around and if anyone want to explain it feel free. So here whatt I do, I have two save files of the same game at the same point one is compressed and the other isnt. I load the file whihc isnt compressed because 90% of the time if I try to load the compress one it fails. So I load the compressed one and then I go onto preferences and tick compress save games if it isnt ticked. then I go on save as and save it on the file which is the compressed one, and hey presto at the moment this little trick seems to work. I dont think it fixed it permeanantly because I have noticed it only seems to work with over save on every week and you have to make sure you save it twice and get the compressed folders right. Maybe the continous saving is fixing it.

RSCA4Ever
18-02-2008, 15:33
Im sorry RSCA4Ever for you to go to so much effort to type all this out but I just dont trust myself to do it. Im pretty rubbish with computers really and I dont want to damage it beyond my own repair.

No problem. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I can understand you, I'm not so keen in reformating myself btw, but sometimes it's the only option when OS software gets corrupted.
Some years ago i needed to format my drive (caused by a corrupted .dll file) to later find out that a few of my backup cd's where corrupted, so i lost quite a bit of stuff.
I'm glad you found a workaround though. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif