Is it jus me or are the press conferences just repetitive and boring?

i got so bored and irritated by it half way into my first season.

this is just like the team talks, added in just for the sake of it.

Do the testers or progmmers even play the game before it is launched?

don't they get just how repetitive and non-realistic the questions and answers are?

i got so bored and irritated by it half way into my first season.

this is just like the team talks, added in just for the sake of it.

Do the testers or progmmers even play the game before it is launched?

don't they get just how repetitive and non-realistic the questions and answers are?

I agree. It was a good idea to move on from the media questions in previous versions but it's far from realistic. A lot of the answers you can give don't even make sense. I just send my ass man to deal with it anymore.

There's an awesome add-on to this area of the game in the massive thread on the OTF forum. The biggest issue for the repetitiveness is that SI were unable to put actual journalists for real news sources. This add-on adds loads of them.

Of course, you could just send your assistant.

I usually happily leave it to assistant. Decided to attend one though after being knocked out of the Carling Cup. The conference starts with a great question 'you've been knocked out of the competition, how do you feel about it' with the first two answers 'I'm absolutely delighted about that' and 'I'm fairly happy about that' :rolleyes: Then after the conference ended I got a summary which stated that me being happy with our display despite the loss will not go down well with my players. I check and the only player unhappy didn't even play in the game yet he feels he's not 'worthy of the managers words'.

So it's only one conference attended yet there's already three nonsensical outcomes generated. The assistant is going to have to keep taking these I'm afraid.

There's an awesome add-on to this area of the game in the massive thread on the OTF forum. The biggest issue for the repetitiveness is that SI were unable to put actual journalists for real news sources. This add-on adds loads of them.

Of course, you could just send your assistant.

Where's the add-on? Link please. :thup:

The one that gets me is :

"Tedious question we've asked you a hundred times. On date x you said to localrag 'this answer'".

*Bill Hicks style rant*

I definitely need a "Well then that's my answer this time too. I don't change my opinion that often" answer. Yes for the last ten seasons I've not told you if I've got a tactical surprise but today I will. And even then you'll never make mention of the usually cagey VB actually answering a question because you don't care about what I've said in the past. At no point do you keep any stats at all about what I've said. All you do is parrot back what I answered last time. So much for a "be careful what you say as they remember what you said" feature. What SI actually meant was "we hold your previous ONE answer in the memory and tell you what it was next time we ask one of the 12 questions the game is capable of asking". No we wont stop asking you if you always answer no comment. Yes we will always follow up the "fans say player is playing well what will that do to his confidence" question with the "and do you agree he's playing well" one.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

/rant

I concur, after couple of times it becomes pretty boring and seems like waste of time for me. Don't think this feature should be removed (or developed, though), maybe some do enjoy it. I just ignore and leave it to my ass man.

Archived