Pirates having A headache...

By all accounts, the pirated versions avaible atm are full of bugs, dont work properly, kick you out after one season..and so on.

Has DRM succeded? at least for now..

from varoius torrents.

"when i press " continue " the game shuts down?"

"OMG! F@CK THESE SOFTANCHOR GUSY!!!!! WTF? When will a REAL CRACK COME!"

"Complete ****ing joke this is."

"WHAAAAAAT IS THE CD-KEY ????????????"

"i found it, but now it want's a kind of a key? why that?"

"you get sacked at the end of the season"

"any updates on when a fully working crack will be out with holidays and real fixtures? "

"Another?

The same bugs and 100 torrents... "

hahahaha

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from various websites it seems there are a number of versions - the crackers always manage to get what they want.

I remember Half Life 2 caused SERIOUS problems for the pirate community....was interesting to see some people I knew giving up trying to download a good version an simply pay for it through Steam. Definitely has had some effect anyway...

The one season issue is Fifa Manager AFAIK. I know a few people who are running the pirated version just fine. It's the people without half a brain that struggle with it. But I guess it's a start. If the activation would have worked from the start then we could call this a success. Maybe next year.

Remember that a much larger percentage of people who had problems will post about it. People who had no problems aren't going to come a-posting about it. I would say it's not a complete success, but moreso than those who *do* have problems would venture. I have a pretty economic machine and had no problems. Was up, running, and patched in 20 mins, the better part of that the dl time on the patch.

Didn't use Steam, though, just the oline reg. I didn't want my game automatically updated.

Anyway, gotta look at the whole pic before something's called a "failure."

Remember that a much larger percentage of people who had problems will post about it. People who had no problems aren't going to come a-posting about it. I would say it's not a complete success, but moreso than those who *do* have problems would venture. I have a pretty economic machine and had no problems. Was up, running, and patched in 20 mins, the better part of that the dl time on the patch.

Didn't use Steam, though, just the oline reg. I didn't want my game automatically updated.

Anyway, gotta look at the whole pic before something's called a "failure."

Remember that it's probably a much larger percentage of people that are able to play the pirated version without major issues...

Perspective is a good thing to have. For those people that had problems with activating (you can't know how many people had problems and didn't post here remember) this was a failure. Mine activated in less than 3 seconds. Yet I'm still not prepared to call this whole thing a success.

Taken from some private site Football Manager (not FIFA Manager) torrents:

My personal favourite:

"RELOADED: SOS! Crack this the proper way! People wanna play the game, but they can't because they're f*ckin fired after a year! Only you can save us!"

"RELOADED please make a proper, thousands of people are waiting for it."

"crack not working for me, version mismatch"

"RELOADED please crack it proper (L)"

"You cant go on holiday in this release (a trigger from SI) and there has been rumored about you being sackd too... Just save alot and there should be a new crack before you get sacked, there's probably also some other bugs in this (remember the fm08 where the worst teams qualified for the euros and crap lik that ? )"

"This is ********.No holiday, you get sacked after one year etc...its like they added stuff from full game to demo,and then cracked it.No player pictures, not even generated 3d faces.Nothing.I hope that someone will make a proper release."

There was a few saying they were downloading because they couldnt activate aswell, which is interesting.

My personal favourite:

"RELOADED: SOS! Crack this the proper way! People wanna play the game, but they can't because they're f*ckin fired after a year! Only you can save us!"

"You cant go on holiday in this release (a trigger from SI) and there has been rumored about you being sackd too... Just save alot and there should be a new crack before you get sacked, there's probably also some other bugs in this (remember the fm08 where the worst teams qualified for the euros and crap lik that ? )"

"This is ********.No holiday, you get sacked after one year etc...its like they added stuff from full game to demo,and then cracked it.No player pictures, not even generated 3d faces.Nothing.I hope that someone will make a proper release."

There was a few saying they were downloading because they couldnt activate aswell, which is interesting.

All that proves is that pirates might be somewhat less intelligent than most people. None of those quotes are from people that have actually been fired at the end of season one, they are all just commenting on rumors.

My personal favourite:

hehe.

ive been reading stuff like that all over.

is very funny to me.

All that proves is that pirates might be somewhat less intelligent than most people.

Well, you can't really say there are no posts similar in quality on these forums by people who actually buy stuff instead of pirating, can you ;)

But yeah, some idiots shouting stuff on pirate sites doesn't really prove much. There are probably similar 'problems' with every crack on the internet.

I will never understand why it is so difficult to simply get £25 out your wallet and go and buy a game you want instead of going through the hassle of waiting for cracks and all that nonsense. People pay more on a 3 course meal or going to a theme park, yet they are so unwilling to pay to get dozens of hours of entertainment in the comfort of their own house. Incredible

My personal favourite:

Haha, it's nice to see the crackerz getting as much stick as SI and Sega got on these forums. Kinda puts all the whingers into perspective where you realise that EVEN IF YOU GIVE THE GAME AWAY FOR FREE people will still complain. :D

Funny how all the 'legit' gamers around here spend so much time patroling pirate websites. Your either the self appointed internet police or the biggest bunch of hypocrites ever ;)

M

You know there is legal stuff on some torrent sites? :p

Also don't assume that because someone may pirate one thing, that they pirate everything ;)

Does this mean that you've been going to these sites yourself to find a crack?

well no, i simply looked for the pirate version of the game

(which apparently in most cases is the demo cracked past the december limit with some stuff added from the real game, is full of bugs and dosent work properly)

and read the comments. Which i found amusing.

My copy was bought and paid for, installed and activated with no problems and ive been happily playing since the 13th of november :p

edit: my steam tells me ive clocked up 69.5 hours of playing time...christ lol.

Well' date=' you can't really say there are no posts similar in quality on these forums by people who actually buy stuff instead of pirating, can you ;)[/quote']

Good point :D

Haha, it's nice to see the crackerz getting as much stick as SI and Sega got on these forums. Kinda puts all the whingers into perspective where you realise that EVEN IF YOU GIVE THE GAME AWAY FOR FREE people will still complain. :D

It is kind of funny. Someone gives them something for free and they complain about it not being completely identical to what other people have to pay for. Since everybody love car analogies, I guess it's the equivalent of giving someone a free Toyota, just to have him start complaining about why you couldn't have giving him a Ferrari instead. The world is full of ingrates :)

This game is uncrackable,they will not make it,they will realise that sooner or later and buy a copy if they really want to play it.

There's already a full version of the game and a working crack spreading around, at least from what I've seen...Thankfully, it's mixed in the torrent sites with the crappy cracks and games...

Unfortunately they are hardly having an headache... most comments you've seen are made by 10 year old kids who have never even heard of a defrag (like some moaners that we've seen around here...)

If you check more serious torrents they are barely limited. I wouldnt think of the "Holiday bug" as something very serious... couldnt SI block something else? (like crashing at every match or something? :p)

I will never understand why it is so difficult to simply get £25 out your wallet and go and buy a game you want instead of going through the hassle of waiting for cracks and all that nonsense. People pay more on a 3 course meal or going to a theme park, yet they are so unwilling to pay to get dozens of hours of entertainment in the comfort of their own house. Incredible
I can't comprehend how people can be so desperate for a working crack. They obviously want to play the game, just buy it! It isnt that expensive!

Its not a matter of expesive for me! its just i can't get the game, let me explain, i live in portugal untill 2007 and i always buy and play the game but since that date i live in venezuela where you dont have the chance to buy anithing online out of the country whithout ask autorizacion and wait endless time so the CADIVI (an institucion that control the foreing currecy in the country) gives you a dollar cuppon on your credit card to buy something. I admit! i have been playin a pirate version of fm2008 and i try the demo of 2009 but is not the same that the real original game, so for me its craked versions or nothing.

Its not a matter of expesive for me! its just i can't get the game, let me explain, i live in portugal untill 2007 and i always buy and play the game but since that date i live in venezuela where you dont have the chance to buy anithing online out of the country whithout ask autorizacion and wait endless time so the CADIVI (an institucion that control the foreing currecy in the country) gives you a dollar cuppon on your credit card to buy something. I admit! i have been playin a pirate version of fm2008 and i try the demo of 2009 but is not the same that the real original game, so for me its craked versions or nothing.

I believe you will get banned but it is a shame

Yeah listen here iv heard alot of people overseas having probs with buying UK or US stuff. Take me for example. I live in South Africa and the postal service is SHOCKING to say the least. I have pirated before but that was because my game was in the post (for 2 months accourding to them). But hay i got my copy of FM09 from my sister who flew down few days ago and im happy. Im so glad those guys having problems with the game that they trying to crack. even if its minor bugs thats getting to them its still funny

I'm closing this thread before we end up banning more people who admit to piracy (we have fairly clear rules about admitting to piracy on these forums I'm afraid).

Edit - actually, I've changed my mind and re-opened this thread, but please be aware of the rules with regards to piracy, cracks, etc.

Ta,

GM

I'm closing this thread before we end up banning more people who admit to piracy (we have fairly clear rules about admitting to piracy on these forums I'm afraid).

Edit - actually, I've changed my mind and re-opened this thread, but please be aware of the rules with regards to piracy, cracks, etc.

Ta,

GM

Cool,

Did that efmustang have to be banned, surely an exception could be made for those who are unable to obtain the game.

I suppose there is no way of finding out who is lying and telling the truth about the location.

Cool,

Did that efmustang have to be banned, surely an exception could be made for those who are unable to obtain the game.

Not really; this is the official SI Games website. We can't really advocate piracy of SI Games' own products. What next, people who are really poor and can't afford FM? Do we allow them to admit to piracy? I know that's not where you're saying, but we have to draw the line, and we draw the line at piracy of SI Games regardless of circumstance.

Not really; this is the official SI Games website. We can't really advocate piracy of SI Games' own products. What next, people who are really poor and can't afford FM? Do we allow them to admit to piracy? I know that's not where you're saying, but we have to draw the line, and we draw the line at piracy of SI Games regardless of circumstance.

Fair enough... I seem to agree with you now (as if my opinion matters :p)

The line does have to be drawn and in the end piracy is piracy. :thup: Already got used to this moderating ;)

Archived