Will running leagues as view only...?

Make my game run faster?

I want as much reality as possible, so while I want countries like Serbia, Israel, Slovakia, etc. active in the game, I don't necessarily plan on managing in these leagues. if it will make no/very little difference I'll try and run them playable, but I've just tried starting a game with all European leagues on playable, with medium database (I was fully aware my laptop would not be able to handle this, but I wanted to see how difficult it found it, to gauge how much of a jump I'll need to make when I buy a new one). Currently I'm sitting at "finding manager targets"... an that's about an hour of loading gone.

Cheers in advance

Playable = more players

=> more newgens

=> more attribute processing

=> more interaction processing

=> more transfers etc etc

= slower than view only

So for x number of active leagues the more of them you make view only the quicker your game will run. That's the hypothetical. Whether or not it is actually measurably different I don't know and is not something I could be arsed testing.

The biggest factor for me is detail level. None >>> Full when processing fixture results. The more of those active leagues (whether playable or view only) you have set to Full Detail the slower it will be. That one is noticeable. If you find yourself getting annoyed with how slowly the results go past in the processing screen it's time to change some competitions to None Detail (or upgrade to a better machine) .

Problem with view only is that it doesn't make the game load the players for the teams.

You will end up with teams of grey players playing each other. Playable will load the players and generate more realistic results regardless of the detail level.

Playable = more players

=> more newgens

= slower than view only

So for x number of active leagues the more of them you make view only the quicker your game will run. That's the hypothetical. Whether or not it is actually measurably different I don't know and is not something I could be arsed testing.

The biggest factor for me is detail level. None >>> Full when processing fixture results. The more of those active leagues (whether playable or view only) you have set to Full Detail the slower it will be. That one is noticeable. If you find yourself getting annoyed with how slowly the results go past in the processing screen it's time to change some competitions to None Detail (or upgrade to a better machine) .

Is the following more active in detail than the non detail active leagues?

=> more newgens

Is the following more active in detail than the non detail active leagues?

=> more newgens

As far as I know (it makes sense to me but open to correction) Detail Level has no effect on database population so changing it midgame will have no effect in terms of extra processing per added player either initially or as the database evolves with newgens.

Problem with view only is that it doesn't make the game load the players for the teams.

You will end up with teams of grey players playing each other. Playable will load the players and generate more realistic results regardless of the detail level.

Haven't seen this - I use the Large database.

Archived