Who can answer this question?

This question is for everyone (SI included) why was this game launched in such a manner? There have been a lot of people having major issues with installation due to the key activation process that has been introduce this year which has unfortunately annoyed and frustrated many loyal customers. I do not understand why this kind of activation process is needed when 6 hours after the official release there was a cracked version available for illegal download, I on the other hand was still trying to install the game. What is the point to it? And more importantly is it going to be a regular feature on future FM’s?

I do not understand why this kind of activation process is needed when 6 hours after the official release there was a cracked version available for illegal download

It was done in this way to prevent there being pirate copies of the game on the market upto three days in advance of the official release which there has been in previous years.

Doing it this way has prevented that which was the aim.

It was also to stop retailers illegally releasing the game early. They still did, but had to deal with people returning the game (and the law if they were reported). Unfortunately, one or two people blamed SI and not the shop for the shop illegally releasing a game early. :S

what is the point of this thread. can't you do a search and find that there are loads of threads with people complaining and asking the same questions.

It’s not a complaint I’m just curious as to way SI felt there was a need for it this year and is it going to be a standard for future releases. Their may be several threads posted this may be do to the high volume of morons replying with smarmy comments thus spoiling the intention of the original thread.

Archived