Might Have Broken FM ..

Well I decided to uninstall FM as I had activated it through Steam and didn't like where my folders were installed, the community pop up, the whole thing basically, and wanted to re-install normally.

Well I think I may of uninstalled it wrong (not through steam, but by removing steam) and after the re-install I get this message shortly after I click the icon ...

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3205/75081367sl3.png

Then the game opens up and can't even run the intro screen properly and then gets stuck.

I'm in the process of getting my PC a new graphics card as the one it has is dire. But the game did work before (only 2d, and barely) after fixing through the direct x link but now it won't even do that.

Any help would be greatly apprechiated

Loving the new forum skin :thup:

Looks like there are still some registry entries for FM from Steam, it's looking for the database in it's original location.

If you're au fait with regedit, then you can manually change them, if not then I'd uninstall it, then use something like CCleaner to remove them, and install again.

Looks like there are still some registry entries for FM from Steam, it's looking for the database in it's original location.

If you're au fait with regedit, then you can manually change them, if not then I'd uninstall it, then use something like CCleaner to remove them, and install again.

Okay and will CCleaner do this automatically. Does it just search for files that it deems uneeded

Cheers

i think i had this problem so hav a look, cus it might help.

make sure football manager is uninstalled

go into c:drive, program files and if there's a folder called sports interactive delete it. also delete the folder in your documents called sports interactive

this removes any sign of football manager on your computer and then when you reinstall it should be like brand new.

Hope it helps

let me know if it does.

This is getting silly.

Tried clearing the cache and the registry - no good

Tried manually removing every folder and file related to FM2009 and/or Sports Interactive - no good

Tried the CCleaner - no good.

Tried the Revo Uninstaller - no good.

I have defragged, ran scandisk or whatever it is.

Have rebooted countless times.

Have used 4 of my 5 activations.

Still getting the Warning Message, and then when I try the patch it "encounters a problem and has to close" or just gets stuck.

This could be the end for me. I am very disappointed. I have spent all day doing this.

(thanks to Kris who is linked to the game and has tried to help).

Over and out. Sour.

Andrew install the game in same as you had it originally, put revo in advanced mod for cleaning and make sure you delete all the files and reg items it picks up, should work then.

Also in your manual is a phone number for tech support, ring them about your activation amounts and some help.

Archived