Highest Player Salary?

Originally posted by G-Man11:

Well if Real Madrid get there way Ronaldo could be on a staggering 300k a week. No player is worth that much money, what an absolute staggering waste.

so if a player that generates 500 million(thats the figure being thrown arond) in revenue, all the money should go in the owners back pocket.

i agree its ludicrous the ammount of money paid to players and a cap should be put on wages to make sure the rich dont get richer but if a player is pulling in that much money they deserve a slice of the pie.

£165K for Sergio Ramos at Arsenal. still a good few 100K under the budget, but the board won't allow me to offer him a new deal on the same money, which is frustrating as we are approaching december. don't wanna lose him on a free, so i might have to sell him before january.

When I took over at Spurs in 2018, they ridiculously had the 34+ year olds Paul Robinson and Darren Bent on £100,000 p/w sitting in the reserves.

Highest wage we've seen on the game is Kaka on £245,000.

i am in no way saying it s right. but while that sort of money is being thrown around the people who most deserve it are the people actually playing the game.

compare it to actors, top actors playing the same role over over again and getting paid insane ammounts of money to do it.

we do need a change, but it needs to be universal, one club arent going to lower ticket prices and in turn wages, that would put them at a massive disadvantage and see them slip down the league.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

I'm inclined to agree with Spinal Tap Man andthink the supposed £500m is just as obscene as his wages, and sadly it's us fans who are to blame for that.

Not me sir, I do not have Sky as I am not willing to play there stupid prices just to see sport as they have monopolized it and the only money that any club sees from me is that of my local club in the Football League that charges decent prices and isn't swimming in cash.

However I agree that players should get paid a Decent amount, if you have to retire in your early 30's then this should be the case. However they don't need that much money and they could either go into coaching/management/scouting or invest there wages wisely or even get a job. A footballer on a Million a year from his earlyish twenties until his early 30's with a little more from Bonus and stuff like doing adverts should be able to set himself up for life with that much money. However they are not careful with there money and instead end up gambling it all way and wasting it and so need massive wages for being stupid. Look at the example of some footballer like Ray Ranson, after leaving footballer he invested his money wisely in business and so set himself up for life.

On my current game I'm upto 2021 and most of the current players have retired, there are only about 15 players on £100k plus.

Most of high-earning real players are the ones you would expect to see such as Fabregas, Messi, Silva.

Highest earning player?

Lee Catermole on £125k a week at Boro!!!

Guest Phill H

i took over as ac milan boss and after two seasons in charge, winning the league and champions league, they offered me a new contract worth £130,000 per week. i was only on about £30,000 for a start so quite a jump

I signed Kaka in my Liverpool game, he wanted 150k a week but that was above my upper limit so I offered 125k with 25% yearly raise. I had to sell him two years later as his salary was about to go to over 244,000.

Originally posted by TheFuzzyOne:

John Terry on 125,000 is the highest on my game, followed by Cristiano Ronaldo and Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho is at my Barca...

On checking Genie, John Terry has been the highest paid player in the world from the start until 2011, my date so far. He's on 125 grand per week.

Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> and sadly it's us fans who are to blame for that.

but for every stupid englishman that will fork out ridiculous prices for merchandise, there are 20 japanese/chinese fans that will pay double that for tacky merchandise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

erm.......NO

Originally posted by ... um, I forget

but for every stupid englishman that will fork out ridiculous prices for merchandise, there are 20 japanese/chinese fans that will pay double that for tacky merchandise.

Well here in this part of East Asia no one pays more than 4 quid for said tacky merchandise. And hey, I watch all the EPL games LIVE (including 3 on the go at Saturday 3 pm GMT) and pay nothing, so who's stupid now? icon_razz.gif

My highest wages from the game I'm playing at the moment is 600 pounds a week to Radwan Hamed at Bishop's Stortford icon_wink.gif In an old game with Tottenham I signed Ronaldo (the Ronaldo, not Cristiano) and he was on 85k a year plus 25% wage rise each season. I'll have to have a gander at that game and see what he's on now, he's been at the club a while!

I'm playing as Notts County, I've got them into the Premier League and doing pretty well.

However because we don't have the income of the bigger clubs, I can't afford to be paying silly money in wages. Once a player gets to about 27 and starts wanting silly money, I'll ship him out while he's at his peak and commanding a good transfer fee.

My highest wage at the moment is £47,500 per week for this guy, who I picked up 9 years ago from Bradford for a then club-record £500k.

Despite his obvious greatness, I'm already starting to think about selling him while he's still worth a lot and before his contract runs down.

He's 27 !! He looks the same age as some of the regens I've seen at 15/16 ! He must have a hell of a time going into pubs icon_smile.gif Looks a cracking player though, I would look him up, but I guess as there is that picture he's a regen icon_frown.gif

Yeah, he's a regen so you won't find him I'm afraid. Born in 1990 though so one of the first regens to appear I guess. Bradford picked him up on a free at the start of the 2008/09 season, and I signed him the following year after he put in a good performance against me in the league.

He does still look young, which is interesting. I've got a couple of regens who are around that age so I'm going to keep an eye on them and see if they age in the next 4-5 years.

A few seasons ago at Aston Villa I brought some world class stars, they accepted 125k wages with yearly rises to join us.

A few seasons later and it is time to renegotiate their contract, problem is they are all now on a37k and up and my board still will not let me offer them more than 125k. Had to wipe out my whole transfer budget to increase the wage budget, just to get the board to raise the top offer.

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ... um, I forget

but for every stupid englishman that will fork out ridiculous prices for merchandise, there are 20 japanese/chinese fans that will pay double that for tacky merchandise.

Well here in this part of East Asia no one pays more than 4 quid for said tacky merchandise. And hey, I watch all the EPL games LIVE (including 3 on the go at Saturday 3 pm GMT) and pay nothing, so who's stupid now? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah sorry was knd of a quick comment without thinking, jus going by the numbers thrown around that big teams make from there and those crowds that gather whenever big clubs are over there.

is that regualr television you watch it on, or get sky free or something different icon_redface.gif

i think we should get a petetion going for a fre game on telly for all those fans that cant afford sky, season tickets or going the pub every weekend to watch the games.

surely they could knock a few quid of johnathan wosses pay packet and put a game on the bbc on a saturday, people cant complain about too much football on tely, theres about 20 hours of soaps on a day, all of whcih get repeated twice in an omnibus on weekeds icon_mad.gif we all pay our tv licences, and i only watch the bbc when footballs on. grrr.

Highest wage we've seen on the game is Kaka on £245,000.

And his manager in that save will be me.

I really had to fight for him. Barca were also hunting for him and he supposedly wasnt interested in coming to chelsea. See what money can do icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

In my team, the highest earner is on

£140.00 per week. Yes, £140 per week.

That's not even minimum wage!! Are they all immigrants? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

N. Irish icon_biggrin.gif

D'oh, shot myself in the foot there with my fellow countrymen. TBH you're probably paying them too much then icon_biggrin.gif

It's all fun and games playing in the Northern Irish league on FM, but try going and watching one of the games. Actually they are so bad I was in the Glentoran youth team until I broke a bone at the bottom of my back, and I was pants.

Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Well here in this part of East Asia no one pays more than 4 quid for said tacky merchandise. And hey, I watch all the EPL games LIVE (including 3 on the go at Saturday 3 pm GMT) and pay nothing, so who's stupid now? icon_razz.gif

is that regualr television you watch it on, or get sky free or something different icon_redface.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the benefit of living pi55-poor, corrupt little forgotten country. The likes of Murdoch and Gates will jump on the likes of China to get their money, but no one bothers with us. Officially, if you pay at all for cable (with movie and sports channels) it's 5 quid a month but most people just split the cables and share around. And I'm sure like the Brits, the Koreans and Japanese do actually pay stupid money for their shirts, but we have the sweat-shops that make 'em!

Of course on the flip-side, my motherboard has died and there is no spare one in Cambodia. It could takes weeks to get one from Singapore and I'm dying by the minute without my Spurs save icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the benefit of living pi55-poor, corrupt little forgotten country. The likes of Murdoch and Gates will jump on the likes of China to get their money, but no one bothers with us. Officially, if you pay at all for cable (with movie and sports channels) it's 5 quid a month but most people just split the cables and share around. And I'm sure like the Brits, the Koreans and Japanese do actually pay stupid money for their shirts, but we have the sweat-shops that make 'em!

Of course on the flip-side, my motherboard has died and there is no spare one in Cambodia. It could takes weeks to get one from Singapore and I'm dying by the minute without my Spurs save icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Singapore rocks. I live here and its a nice country.

The downside is, you have to pay a lot to watch the EPL. Theres a 'Football Channel' entirely dedicated to the EPL, but you have to pay around 40 Sing Dollars a month.

And to watch the Euro 2008, pay a further 50 dollars. Its infuriating!

Originally posted by TheFuzzyOne:

The downside is, you have to pay a lot to watch the EPL. Theres a 'Football Channel' entirely dedicated to the EPL, but you have to pay around 40 Sing Dollars a month.

I watch for free downstairs at the coffee shop.

Originally posted by cice2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheFuzzyOne:

I watch for free downstairs at the coffee shop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That works too.

Archived