Injury Problems - How I managed to get round it

I have noticed a few people who like me have suffered so much with injuries that the game was not enjoyable...as much!

I checked the update I got from Steam and the patch version matched up so as far as I am concerned I was on the latest update! However last night after two particularly nasty matches where I lost 5 and then 6 players (and lost both games) I thought enough was enough.

I downloaded the latest patch and applied it manually over the top of the steam update - this has worked a treat! I have now played 15 matches and Yes i have little knocks etc here and there but I am finally able to make subs for tactical reasons rather than injuries!

So if you aint done it....do it! It does raise the question though whether the steam patch update is exactly the same as the one I downloaded from here!

Anyhoos back to the game...cheers

OK Here is an update - I am now end of September and played several bruising games including fenerbache and Bolton!! Got 3 injuries all superficial and mirroring real life - With the Steam Patched update I would have had at least 7 players injured by now - so this does work!!

I have no idea whether it makes sense or not - as for play for a few months - I was into February in my second season and experienced my fair share of the game!

I dont know exactly what is what i am only saying it how it is.

Oh and by the way after 15 years in the software industry I can safely say that if you think a single patch is the same when they are from different sources with different update mechanisms and with different triggers then you deserve a lot more than just injuries in FM09!

This has worked for me - I have not had one injury in 2 months of game time - in my last campaign I had no first teamers left at this point in the season.

So titter yee not, it worked for me and it may work for others - if you dont have ijury problems why even bother reading this thread!

Oh and by the way after 15 years in the software industry I can safely say that if you think a single patch is the same when they are from different sources with different update mechanisms and with different triggers then you deserve a lot more than just injuries in FM09!

Haha this is pretty funny. Yeah sure! you've been in the software industry for 15 years and make statements like that.

doesnt the patch only work if you start a new game.

Not precisely correct.

Most "algorithm" changes work when you continue a save game. For example, injury frequency should be adjusted immediately as you continue a save game: immediately, in your next match, you should notice fewer players suffering injuries.

However, in-game impacts of a bug will not be rectified. For example, his 11 injured players would still be injured in his save game .. that's why SI recommend that "for full effect", you start a new save-game.

Note also that some bug-fixes don't apply themselves until the next season. For example, when SI patched the E.P.L. subs bench to 7 players (from 5) for FM'08, that adjustment took place at the start of your next season when you continued a save game.

Archived