Awful

I've absolutely had it with football manager this year- absolute and utter nightmare, took hours to sort out the activation issues, then eventually sort the patch out but now, it still isn't ready to play. Cannot set up graphic system???? What? £30 worth of game and it cannot set up graphic system? Unbelieveable. Now being told that i've got to download directx, it's just a joke, my computer just freezes after about 3% of it's dowload and i've heard this doesn't always work and that drivers need to be checked and updated. I just want to play football manager since I have since 2005 yet i'm denied due to poor planning from s.i. Still desperate to play but that seems a million miles away now........

No modern PC computer game will ever work correctly on a machine that hasn't been properly updated driver-wise and has the correct DirectX version installed. It's hilarious that you blame SI for the poor state of your own PC.

Poor planning from SI? I don't think so. It's not Football Manager you should have had it with. It's your computer. From the problems you're describing, it just isn't up to playing the game. Given that you've been using the same one since at least 2005, I'm not surprised. The game works absolutely fine. But you can't expect it to stand still and work on an old system forever. It's bound to grow with time. I suggest you calm down and either do something about it or accept that you cannot play this one. I had to do that for seven years until I had a computer good enough for FM05. Did I moan about SI's planning or that they didn't think about me? No. The game moves forward. It grows. Deal with it.

No modern PC computer game will ever work correctly on a machine that hasn't been properly updated driver-wise and has the correct DirectX version installed. It's hilarious that you blame SI for the poor state of your own PC.

Sounds a bit harsh, but there's truth there. The PC is really a work tool that needs to be sharpened and polished to keep it in top working order. They are easier to look after than they used to be, but switch on and play consoles they are not.

well said, it is funny that you are blaming SI for your inadequate PC set up. Get everything up to date and I am sure it will be fine.

That's the point that a lot of people seem not to realise.

I think because the previous versions of the game have worked on such low system specs, people have (lee) trundled along without keeping their PC in shape, mainly because they aren't that into PCs and a vast number of the people with tech problems are people who don't use their PCs very often, especially for gaming and are thinking they need a degree in IT to figure it out.

Most PC Gamers haven't had any issues, it's the casual playerbase that has struggled.

I think because the previous versions of the game have worked on such low system specs, people have (lee) trundled along without keeping their PC in shape, mainly because they aren't that into PCs and a vast number of the people with tech problems are people who don't use their PCs very often, especially for gaming and are thinking they need a degree in IT to figure it out.

Most PC Gamers haven't had any issues, it's the casual playerbase that has struggled.

Your point is spot on. I absolutely agree with you. However, I am precisely one of those people. I'm not a gamer and I know very little about computers. I just think it's naive to rant at SI when the game eventually becomes to big for you PC.

another boring rant about how bad SI are. *yawn*

how sick of it SI must be. I'm getting tired of pointless threads about the same old tripe and I've only been here ermmm..... 1....2....3 days!!!!!!

geniune bugs and crashes fine. but if i read another 'OMG SI HAVEN'T CATERED FOR MY 10 YEAR OLD COMP, WORST COMPANY EVEEEEERRRRRR' i must say i may not be happy.... :eek:

People should now better... do they expect to play any type of games in 2008 with 4 year old PC?

A computer needs basic nurture, monthly driver updates and hardware update each year imo.

When was the last time your car got a full check? ...

I think it's unfair to jump on people for not having an up to date PC. I took over a week to get the demo working on a PC that's just over 6-months old. Not everyone knows instinctively to update drivers or whatever - I certainly didn't until the SI elves pointed me in the right direction.

Sure, if your PC is 4 years old you can't expect to run new technology, but when the game doesn't work properly "it's your specs" is not quite the automatic reply that "it's your tactics" is when people can't win a game.

I think it's unfair to jump on people for not having an up to date PC. I took over a week to get the demo working on a PC that's just over 6-months old. Not everyone knows instinctively to update drivers or whatever - I certainly didn't until the SI elves pointed me in the right direction.

Sure, if your PC is 4 years old you can't expect to run new technology, but when the game doesn't work properly "it's your specs" is not quite the automatic reply that "it's your tactics" is when people can't win a game.

He wouldn't be getting jumped on if he hadn't displayed the kind of attitude he did. It's not because his computer isn't good enough that people have responded the way they have. It's because he went on such a daft rant at SI, who are not at all to blame for his problem.

True, and in some cases the latest drivers aren't always the best, so you might have a legitimate reason for not having the latest drivers on your computer.

He wouldn't be getting jumped on if he hadn't displayed the kind of attitude he did. It's not because his computer isn't good enough that people have responded the way they have. It's because he went on such a daft rant at SI, who are not at all to blame for his problem.

I agree, we're just jumping on him the way he jumped on SI. If he poses questions in an appropriate manner, he will get and appropriate answer.

I hope that the likes of GillsMan are defending the notion that it would be wrong to jump on someone just because their computer isn't good enough rather than specifically defending the original poster, whose rant has made it very hard to sympathise with him.

I hope that the likes of GillsMan are defending the notion that it would be wrong to jump on someone just because their computer isn't good enough rather than specifically defending the original poster, whose rant has made it very hard to sympathise with him.

I haven't defended the OP at all? :confused: I asked someone not to rub his face on it by saying "my works hahaha", but that's it. Fwiw, I agree with you, people who rant don't help themselves - people who have at least tried to seek some sort of resolution have been lucky to post here given the large number of helpful posters we have here. :thup:

he's had plenty of opportunity to repost defending himself by giving his specs. I feel that due to there being no post since the first he has no defence. and thus, he knows he's been an idiot.

No-one is picking on anyone here. you can't just go shooting your mouth off when your not happy. and that is what people are saying.

I haven't defended the OP at all? :confused:

I was referring to your agreeing with backpackant's post in which his first sentence mentions jumping on people whose specs aren't good enough. Sorry to confuse you.

Archived