Setting up match screen...

Hi im sorry if this has been asked before, i did have a search around before posting but could not find the relevant post to help me out. Right i got FM09 early morning today loaded up fine , started my first game of the season with Liverpool, My concern is that before the game starts i select 2d then setting up match screen box appears and it freezes for like a minute or two. even if i select 2d classic or which ever one it still freezes with that meessage, is it my laptop? though it's only 2 years old now, if it's something else can someone please help me out on what i can do? as it is really annoying having to wait for the match screen to load up / freezes.

Thanks

For the next patch we will be working on some optimisations for when the match is setting up, although the biggest boost will be for those not using 3D and instead using 2D only.

The match screen is loading in the 3D resources at this point, so we'll be trying to optimise this to improve performance.

I have a problem in setting up the match screen. Usually I select split view (my team (AZ) ratings and match stats) and I have the standard 2D view with key highlights. I click split view at kick off and everything is fine - when there is relevant action to display it comes up and when there is not, my stats come up automatically - the game switches between the two effortlessly. However, after I make a tactical change, this automatic switching stops and it is one or the other - either the stats stay on the screen the whole time or the pitch stays on the screen all the time with the result that I get a blank pitch when there is no relevant action. Anyway to fix this?

For the next patch we will be working on some optimisations for when the match is setting up, although the biggest boost will be for those not using 3D and instead using 2D only.

The match screen is loading in the 3D resources at this point, so we'll be trying to optimise this to improve performance.

Thanks atleast some good news for for people who like to use 2D, looking forwad to the patch once again thanks for the reply.:D

How about a setting where you disable all 3d? Not just optimize the loading. It should be possible to just load the match engine using 2d only. I got a friend with the same problem, his laptop can't handle the 3d engine so the game runs horribly on it.

That is probably the best news ever for the next patch, thank you!

Archived