UK sales chart FM2009 hits No3/no4 if you break warcraft down

Its hard to gage this would be great to actually see Numbers.

But it looks like IGA , ACTIVATION/DRM looks to have marginally effected Sales. Si/Sega will know if this is significant or very little.

Food for thought I think Fm titles always hit number 1 but then again it never was up against mega hit warcraft which has a nuts following. However was others down to early release due to abuse of release which would mean extra couple days sales data I cant say. So I personally think there has been a slight effect but nothing for SI/SEGA to lose sleep.

I also think as the game got more powerful its dropped sales slightly heck for long time this was one of the few titles which could work on Very old spec's machines. This version getting more in line with most games needing a beast but nowhere to warcraft level still. I dont think SI wanted to push too hard in the graphics front just yet as many FM'ers still have low spec machines for modern gaming. That they can be congratulated.

Will be interesting if FM sustains its pace like every version does or the Activation problems effect sales over next few weeks but think it will recover. Here the figures to mull over plus some back dated news of FM2008 & fm2007 sales first week ranking.

http://darkzero.co.uk/game-news/uk-sales-chart-%E2%80%93-week-ending-15th-november/

http://www.charttrack.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

Fm2008 sales ranking

http://www.videogamer.com/news/23-10-2007-6730.html

fm2007 sales ranking

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox/tom_clancys_splinter_cell_4_/news-3895.html

I'm sure it will be the biggest selling FM to date again this year, almost 100% guaranteed. The big question is how sales are affected next year.

Last year, after the mess of the previous two years I decided against buying the FM09 on release. I'm not sure I'll buy it at all now. I think a lot of people thought the same as me this year.

How many long term customers will do the same for FM10 after this year's disaster? I reckon a lot lot more. It'll be even worse if CM is halfway decent when it's released.

2nd PC to warcraft is no shame tbh

yes thats what I was thinking myself warcraft is such a big game has a nutty level as FM and the sims(never understood the appeal to the sims myself)

I think next weeks figures myself would be a massive indicator with what went on with amazon rating.

I believe FM tends to stay No1 for at least 3 weeks before bowing to other games but maintains a top 10 for very long time.

Like I said it not come against power of warcraft. I would agree not to bad position considering and think SI/SEGA will be well pleased at the sales ranking.

It seems strange to me that people will choose not to buy FM09, which is a great game, on the basis of the activation thing. Yes, it went badly, but the worst is over. It's the best FM yet.

The problem is, at least on Amazon, that people have been giving FM09 1 or 2 stars out of 5, stating the activation issues. That's going to be there for the rest of it's shelf life on Amazon, and I'm wondering if people are going to think that the poor activation thing is a permanent thing, rather than a few days overload?

Which it was - 3 times I've successfully activated my copy via Uniloc (had to perform a couple of clean ups of my laptop), all taking less than 5 seconds each.

The problem is, at least on Amazon, that people have been giving FM09 1 or 2 stars out of 5, stating the activation issues. That's going to be there for the rest of it's shelf life on Amazon, and I'm wondering if people are going to think that the poor activation thing is a permanent thing, rather than a few days overload?

Which it was - 3 times I've successfully activated my copy via Uniloc (had to perform a couple of clean ups of my laptop), all taking less than 5 seconds each.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. I was thinking more of people who come on here and say things like "After hearing all the negative reaction to the game, I'm not going to buy it this year." The thing is, the reaction to the game itself has, overall, been pretty positive. It's the activiation that enraged people. People seem to be misunderstanding this and assuming the game isn't worth spending their money on this year.

I have bought every Football Manager / Championship Manager since the very first edition ... for my Acorn Electron ... I fear due to the jumps in system spec .. 09 version could be my last for a few years now, due to my computer being on the limit.

Am enjoying 09 though ... even for a fan of the tickertape and imagination versions of yesteryear, the new 3D engine seems pleasant enough.

Archived