I could use some advice (gameplay)

Mahr

Hi!

Problem 1:

A situation is arising that I don't know how to handle; I've built my team around new talents, and just two seasons in now (with Aalesund, Norwegian) - four or five of my players are refusing to renew their contracts, they want to go to a club where they can achieve more I think - I'm talking about players that are vital to my team, if I can't hold on to them I'd be set back quite a bit.

Is there anything I can do? They won't even go into talks about a contract, some have asked to be transfer listed but I have rejected. There's a matter of only a season left on some contracts.

Problem 2:

I know that signing Staff with better reputation might be good for my team, regardless of these individuals actually being excellent at their job or not - especially when it comes to holding on to stars - BUT - the board in the club has capped the max salary I am allowed to give, and when I ask for more, they say that I have enough to attract people of sufficient caliber. I am around 3600 pounds below my per week budget - yet I am not allowed by the board to offer someone I want more than a certain amount, like for example 700 for a fitness trainer with a Continental reputation.. All continentals are rejecting the contracts because the wage is too low to attract them.

Is there anything I can do at all?

Problem 3:

When a player transfer is stopped because of work permit, is it at all possible to just keep applying and hoping that it will finally go through? Or does No mean No the first time around and it stays like that.

Thanks a bunch to anyone bothering to answer! :)

Hi!

Problem 1:

A situation is arising that I don't know how to handle; I've built my team around new talents, and just two seasons in now (with Aalesund, Norwegian) - four or five of my players are refusing to renew their contracts, they want to go to a club where they can achieve more I think - I'm talking about players that are vital to my team, if I can't hold on to them I'd be set back quite a bit.

Is there anything I can do? They won't even go into talks about a contract, some have asked to be transfer listed but I have rejected. There's a matter of only a season left on some contracts.

Problem 2:

I know that signing Staff with better reputation might be good for my team, regardless of these individuals actually being excellent at their job or not - especially when it comes to holding on to stars - BUT - the board in the club has capped the max salary I am allowed to give, and when I ask for more, they say that I have enough to attract people of sufficient caliber. I am around 3600 pounds below my per week budget - yet I am not allowed by the board to offer someone I want more than a certain amount, like for example 700 for a fitness trainer with a Continental reputation.. All continentals are rejecting the contracts because the wage is too low to attract them.

Is there anything I can do at all?

Problem 3:

When a player transfer is stopped because of work permit, is it at all possible to just keep applying and hoping that it will finally go through? Or does No mean No the first time around and it stays like that.

Thanks a bunch to anyone bothering to answer! :)

ive found when they refuse contracts i wait right till the last week and if they havent signed for someone else they mine have signed back for me but its a bit risky as they can talk to other clubs but so far ive only lost one out of eight

the board set the wage restriction so you dont bankrupt them with stupid buys and stupid signings i mean if you could sign anyone it wouldnt really be true to life a coach will come if you offer stupid money but in real life that coach wouldnt even give smallish clubs a second glance

work permits are one area i struggle with as sometimes they come sometimes they dont i was sure it was how many international appearances they had made but i signed a brazilian 18 year old yesterday and he got a work permit so im unsure now

Your Problem 1 is actually just making me very happy :):thup:

Players were too easy to keep in the last versions. I still cherish the days when a really good player would refuse to renew and force me to sell him if my club wasn't big enough. Annoying when it happens to you but realistic and much closer to real life.

The only thing I can think of to solve this from your side is just trying to splash the cash on them and/or offering release clauses.

re Problem 3 there is a thread in the bugs forum. Work permit for Norway are being decided on by CA only as far as I understood. In this case a no will stay a no (until the next patch, when the CA requirement will probably be lowered).

Had I not known that I would have said you might get a permit for him once his reputation has risen a bit, but I guess this won't help you as it's not the case.

1) I had the same problem with Michael Owen, he was attracting the likes of Chelsea and others and had only 2 months on his contract and wouldnt discuss a new one! In the end i qualified for Champions League and tried to re-negotiate and he accepted! If i hadnt of finished 3rd i think he may have gone mind!

2) Success on the pitch = greater financial gains! Prize money to boost the bank balance is a sure fire way to get bigger wage and transfer budgets! If you have any transfer funds left have you tried adjusting the budgets using the menu in the board room?

3) Work permits are dodgy things, im not entirely certain how they work! You can of course appeal the decision, but if its a youngster it may get turned down! I think the rule is a player must have played in at least 75% of his country's international games over the last 2 years to qualify! Im not sure whether that is British home office rules or European rules?

Hope any of this sort of helps!

Hi m8,

to problem one, no there is not a lot you can do really, either try and get whatever cash you can for them or hope that no other team offers a contract and they may(v. unlikely though) re-sign. Its a bad sign that they are not even entering into talks. You'll just have to try and get the best buck you can for 'em.

problem 2- again there is not alot you can do about this problem. It doesnt matter how much under the weekly budget you are, your board has a set fee for the staff member you are trying to aquire(many mitigating factors will affect this) so asking for more money will probably not resolve the problem.

problem 3 - you can request twice. A lot of work permits get turned down the first time, you can then appeal. In my experience almost all permits get accepted on appeal(so thats some good news for you eh? lol). I have only ever had one rejected but the player still joined the club I just couldnt play him. I had to send him on loan until he aquired a WP or gained citizenship.

Sorry for all the doom and gloom but I guess thats the beauty of the game, you have to achieve success within the clubs means.

good luck fella

Archived