WHY cant SI work with Eugene!!!

I am frustrated now, i want to enjoy FM09 but because i am so accustomed to using mini scout and genie scout for a long time i cant break out of my habits i need genie to start.

WHY cant SI work with Eugene (creator of Genie Scout) and release both the game and the genie scout on the same day??? i paid good money for this CD and i expect some bonus (hell i am willing to pay extra)

Anyone know why????? :mad:

And doesnt SI have developers (im sure few of you guys can work with Eugene to release it faster!! get off your asses - you already released the patch!!!!!!!!)

You must be joking - it isn't SI's responsibility to develop third-party apps! I'm sure they will be busy working on the bugs that remain to be ironed out for the next patch, far more important.

In any case, genie is mainly used for cheating :p

Fair enough, but theres a thing called "partnership". I am sure a large number of FM loyalist use genie scout. They can increase their working hours, simple.

If they developed it, then they'd have to support it. It's a free third-party application, and if SI wanted to do something like that, they'd bundle their own version as part of the game. They clearly don't - so it might be more productive to badger the third-party app developers if they're not putting out their apps quickly enough for you. Or you could build one yourself, of course.

Fair enough, but theres a thing called "partnership". I am sure a large number of FM loyalist use genie scout. They can increase their working hours, simple.

Even forgetting the fact that programers work far too long hours already...

Why should they spend money, a great deal of money, helping a 3rd party ap get out quicker?

• SI Staff
There was a time when it was. The original CMSCout was made by a fan who subsequently became employed with SI (who was it again?). For one edition the game and CMScout did come out together, but then the guy pitched in full-on with SI and a new independent developed took over, IIRC.

That would be Michael Schmeichel (Nygreen)

SI have implemented those useful people called scouts that you can employ at your club. I guess they felt it would be a tad unrealistic to include what amounts to a button saying "Show me all the best players so I never make any mistakes buying duffers". I'm sure now that you have demanded that they do this though they'll get right onto it immediately and make it top priority for next year :rolleyes:

some people astound me.

he kinda sounds like a druggie. replace fm09 with 'life' and genie scout with 'drugs'. doesnt really get my sympathy with his approach.

You can make anyone sound bad that way. Replace fm09 with 'sex' and genie scout with 'Hitler' and he sounds even worse. Although I don't see why anyone would think SI are going to help develop genie scout. Never ever ever going to happen.

Archived