Improving Game Speed

Hi Guys,

After several hours toiling away last weekend , I finally managed to install the game, eventually via downloading it from Steam even though i purchased the game in the shops, but as it wasnt being read on my laptop(Packard Bell EasyNote) I figured it was the best way to go about it. I downloaded the patch but my main problem now is the game speed, its extremly slower than any of the past FM's I've played on, and now its getting to the point where the game itself spends 15mins+ just on the loading screen, once I'v managed to finally load a game up it severly lags and jutters whenever i try click on anything,literally making the game unable.

So I was wondering , what possible ways can I speed up my FM , I have already uninstalled all my previous versions and the majority of my music/video files , but still to no avail. I downloaded DirectX 8.0 as I had problems with 9 , previous to downloading this i had the famous "failed graphics card..."

Would it be best to knock it all on the head and start looking for a new PC/Laptop(Last Resort) or are there any/many ways I can improve the speed and gameplay

Thanks in Advance,

Lawrence

Well there are already many threads about this subject. You're not the first one having these issues. So try browsing around the community.

How many applications do you have running?

You can cut down on starting applications etc. to increase speed in fm!

Delete anything you don't need.

Defrag the hard drive.

Scan your computer with some adware/spyware scanners. (I know of a couple of free ones if you need).

Run 'msconfig' and untick anything that is a program that runs in the background to free up RAM (i.e Limewire, MSN, etc.)

This is all I can suggest, it should certainly help at least a little.

Archived