Do you start with transfers or no transfers?

When you guys start the game, do you enable transfers or turn them off?

I personally like them off since I think the clubs should have to deal with the squad they start with until winter or the next summer. I also like to see what I can do with the current squad of players that the real life manager did differently without taking the easy route and buying replacements at the beginning.

I allow transfers - unrealistic but I like to get stuck in straight away, although the tight-fisted Hicks & Gillett have pretty much restricted what I can do anyway :p

So yeah I bought a couple of kids with good potential but not ready for first team football, and Man City hoovered up practically everyone, although they did buy Itandje off me for 3 mil.... haha suckers :D

I allow transfers. Not realistic, I admit, but I like to make my own mark on the team as soon as possible.

Same here, I like to stamp my authority on the team as soon as possible, if that means replacing players who have recently signed then so be it.

ahhh, i see your point now. never really thought about it like that. the game starts in the window though so is it not allowed? Is that not like saying the game should also start from 14th November not 28th July (I think thats right)??

well no really it's just that if you want to play a realistic game, you will block transfer for the first window. Now you also have player who are more interested in fun than realism and in order to please everyone, SI have added this option to the game :)

will everyone ever be pleased?!?! some people are 'unpleasable' based on some posts I've read. lol

I'm still not sure whether I class having transfers unrealistic. For me you either start on game date 28th July and have them or start on game date 14th November when it was released and don't. I don't think you can mix them. Obviously it's their game, but I don't see how people can say the release date has anything to do with it if the start date in game is 28th July?

I always set it to "on", for the simple reason that new summer signings were brought in by the old manager, but now there's a new sheriff in town. If the club has money for transfers it should be up to me whether I use it or not, regardless of what crappy players the previous manager brought in.

I like career games and not having direct control of who I manage. I just go on holiday, apply for higher rep jobs and return from holiday when I get an offer. No matter who the club is, I join them. Unless of course I hate the club but that doesn't usually happen when you get a BSN/BSS job.

I guess I find it a bit more interesting to just be thrown in not knowing much.

Fair enough, I might give it a go, looking at the mess I've made of Man City, I might be out on my ear sooner rather than later anyway!

Who've had thought you could spend £70 million and still languish 2nd from bottom !

You sound like Juande Ramos!

I don't like strarting with the big teams, I find it gets boring too quickly.

Archived