My First Thread (its about the new game)

Hiya, been a member of this forum for about 3 or 4 years, if not more, i've always been put off about starting new threads, as people seem easy enough to jump on you if you say somthing out of place or in the wrong place

Anyway, I downloaded the demo a few weeks back, I was terrified to see it play so badly, I decided there and then not to rush to buy the game but wait maybe a year, or after the first patch or two

this week however, I downloaded the patched Demo I have to say, a massive improvement already, the match engine plays and runs better, not as many injurys, quicker response and a whole better feel to it. The match engine however still has its faults but for the first attempt its looking a damm good effort, seen some great moves, great football and a joy to see it on the screen, for the first time ever while playing FM, I was overjoyed to see a goal scored against me as it was a joy to watch

I'm still not convinced to buy the full game just yet, mainly because I need a new Kitchen and a boiler and every penny counts, however I am really enjoying the Demo and I really feel a part of my team for the first time in a long time, So a well done and a big thankyou to everyone involved in making the game, it must be dis heartening to see bad feedback, I just hope it does'nt stop you from making 2010,2011,2012 and so on

So My Promise to you is that I will Buy the game at Christmas, I know my £25 won't even manage to get a round in for everyone involved, I just hope this good feedback goes a long way in contining a great game for the long term

Glad you're enjoying the game, and kudos for a well written first thread.

I think the full game is fantastic, and I'm delighted that it runs so well on my 4 year old PC. As a first step into 3D I think SI have done a great job. Lets face it, before it was announced, few of us expected a 3D view to be introduced to FM09.

Great thread! I like you was a member of this forum a few years before i started posting, i can say it's got a lot more friendly on here recently (leaving aside the obvious release day influx) and i hope you keep posting in the future.

I also think they have done a great job with this incarnation of the game and look forward to wasting my life on it!

Brilliant thread! Thats not been said for a while! Soulie, i completely agree with you, i was a bit tentative about starting threads myself for "fear" of being chased out of the forums with pitch forks lol! It has calmed down a lot recently though which is good!

The game is great also, loving it more than ever now! The issue that got clouded IMO, was that when SI said FM2009 was going 3D, people got ther hopes up looking for some all singing all dancing next gen style graphics, and as a result forgot that 3D is, as SI stated, merely a tactical representation just in 3D!

Anyway, love it, love it

Archived