Deleting Local Content on Steam and Deactivation

hi there,

I'm sorry I have to post here because Steam just refuses to answer my question because they said it's not their game. wtf!!

anyway, I have to desperately reformat my computer for work related purposes. I bought FM2009 on Steam, so obviously, I do not have a DVD and cannot just go to control panel and uninstall.

My question is how do I uninstall FM and deactivate my current copy so that I still have my 5 seats, so that when i am done formating, i can reinstall FM2009 and not lose any seats.

My current impression is that if i hit delete local content on Steam, I actually deactivate as well and get my 5 seats back. Therefore, after that, I can get on with my business of formating Is this true? Please reply.

My boss is wondering why I haven't got my computer formated yet to do work and I cannot tell him it's coz I dun wanna lose my FM activation. :p

Thanks a lot!

anyway, I have to desperately reformat my computer for work related purposes. I bought FM2009 on Steam, so obviously, I do not have a DVD and cannot just go to control panel and uninstall.

Are you sure? I bought the game on DVD but installed/activated via Steam, and FM's listed in the list of installed apps.

My question is how do I uninstall FM and deactivate my current copy so that I still have my 5 seats, so that when i am done formating, i can reinstall FM2009 and not lose any seats.

This question's been asked a fair few times but no-one from SI/Sega has bothered to answer.

I just hope someone from SI can answer this.

And yes.......FM is not on my control panel. I basically download it via steam.

I downloaded via Steam, but it's in my list of programs. You sure you're looking for it in the right place? (the programs and features list on Vista, add/remove programs on XP)

To remove it from your Steam account go into Steam, my games and right click on the FM it will give you a list of things, go down to remove local content and follow the instructions and that will remove it from your computer.

I can only presume that it gives you back your seat, but as I dont really know I cant promise anything.

It hasn't come up either on remove programs in Vista for me either. I might give it a go and see if it works, get back to you soon.

I downloaded via Steam, but it's in my list of programs. You sure you're looking for it in the right place? (the programs and features list on Vista, add/remove programs on XP)

yeah.......it's really not on my program list. I use Vista. It does seem a bit strange that it is on your program list and not on mine

The way steam generally works, is that you can play the games on any computer, as long as you download the game files, logged in etc ... so, the issue is some what confusing with regards to the activation stuff.

I'm beginning to think that you just don't touch steam in terms of activation. Isn't there some sort of "Deactivation URL" you can goto to get your "Seat" back?

Archived