Sigames - Petition from thousands of Spaniards buying the game - "B" teams bug

I am representing today FMSite, the only Spanish site, with 15.000 members and more than 1 million messages, in what it is a petition from all of us to Sigames, Miles, anybody who will want to listen and maybe, only maybe, let us know if these things are in store to be fixed in the next patch. If not, we'd love to hear something, anything, regarding major bugs with Spain's B teams, like Castilla, Barcelona B, etc.

This is not a rant, or a demand, nothing like that. We are very happy that Sigames has taken the next step in order to make Spain's leagues more realistic. However, we have seen critical bugs within B teams, bugs that make coaching a B team nearly impossible.

The following are the main bugs that need to be fixed in order for B teams to be playable:

- A "B" side's coach cannot obtain training or assistant's team reports from his staff for B and youngsters. We should be able to obtain that, and not having to send scouts to see if they are good or not. We need to be able to get reports from our team, just like any other team!

- Even if one deactivates the option for his staff to "renew contracts for team players", we find that, along the season, several youngsters see their contracts renewed, as if someone else, or maybe even the first team's coach, takes care of that no matter what we say. This defies the purpose of managing the team, since we dont have any say so in which players stay or not. Also, a player who is not even in the starting eleven sometimes gets a new contract to be a starting player, and when that doesnt happen, he gets upset.

- For people managing the first team, we have to wait one day to get a player into the first team from the b side. I think the reason for this is so that, when two people playing online with the a and b sides, wont be managing the same player at the same time. Well, that's easy to solve: filtering the player and adding a "not available for b side" box.

- When managing the B side, we should be able to get people from C and youngsters team, as it happens in real life. If the first team's coach is able to do that, we should be able to do the same with the younger teams as well.

- We can't offer players from our b side on loan or transfer for other teams, and since the first team's coach won't do it, we cannot get rid of them.

- Some players we buy for the b side go to the first team and we never get to play them, when we were the ones who signed them. Of course, these players are wasted, not playing a single game in the first team.

- In the wages screen, it appears as if we dont use a single euro ofr wages, since the first team takes care of them/ However, we are paying wages for the b team in the economy balance screen (the one for the b team.)

- In b sides, there is a restriction to play players older than 26yo; yet our assistant manager keeps telling us to buy this or that player, who is older than that.

-Most IA b sides, after firing his (or her i guess) manager, they don't hire someone else. We have seen cases of b sides going without coaches for years and years.

- there are more bugs, but these are the ones we cannot work around. Without getting team reports, being able to buy and sell players or get them from our c sides and youngsters, what's left?

Also, in a separate note, we would like to know why in non-english versions of the game, we dont get to play the Reserve league. Just wondering.

Again, this is not a demand or a rant, nothing like that. It is just a petition from the only Spanish FM site, where we all are, hoping that someone will let us know if they know about all these things that need to be tweaked in order for us to properly enjoy managing a b side. I understand that you guys are busy, but I also hope that, the same way you guys put countless hours for us to be able to manage b side, we feel like telling you the reasons why we can't enjoy this new feature of the game properly.

I hope someone out there will let us know one way or the other.

Cheers

FMSite

Good post, hope the B teams get sorted.

- Even if one deactivates the option for his staff to "renew contracts for team players", we find that, along the season, several youngsters see their contracts renewed, as if someone else, or maybe even the first team's coach, takes care of that no matter what we say. This defies the purpose of managing the team, since we dont have any say so in which players stay or not. Also, a player who is not even in the starting eleven sometimes gets a new contract to be a starting player, and when that doesnt happen, he gets upset.

This is true to life though isn't it, the B team's coach isn't the (only one) who decides if a youth player gets a contract extension or not. In Madrid Schuster and Mijatovic will be the ones to decide as opposed to Lopetegui.

Good post, hope the B teams get sorted.

This is true to life though isn't it, the B team's coach isn't the (only one) who decides if a youth player gets a contract extension or not. In Madrid Schuster and Mijatovic will be the ones to decide as opposed to Lopetegui.

I understand that; however, one should have some influence in that department. And I understand that, but not a player who doesnt play with the b side, and the first team's coach giving him a new contract where he'll be a key player in the b team. That only adds up to the confusion and frustration from not being able to actually manage a team, but just being "on the bench."

Joder, I fully support this post! I thought that having the option of starting as the Barcelona B manager or Castilla manager would be an interesting way to do a type of Career mode on the club. However, once we start its like managing a ghost team and you have 0 interaction with the club... no chairmen, no confidence, no wages or transfer fees its was an incredibly sad realization and it broke my spirit. Spain is an incredible league with the most interesting players and future stars and yet for FM it seems to be left out... What ever happen to having the Copa Catalunya and all the summer tournaments?

Please FM use us the Spanish FM fans to get this going, tap on our knowledge and resources... Cheers Twellman24!

Good post :thup:

Have you posted this in the bugs forum? You may get a bit more notice from the testing team and those who fix the game :thup:

Well, people already know about these bugs in the programmer's forums, but no one is saying anything about if this will be fixed. We're just asking for someone to say something about this, since we don't get anything from anybody. We hope Miles or someone will have a minute to respond to this.

As spanish Assistant Research I absolutely support every point twellman24 wrote. I much appreciate SI's efforts on improving spanish b teams, but current situation is a complete mess, making this teams almost unplayables on a long-term career, and also leading to some difficults if managing A team.

I completely agree what twellman says, nice topic. For those managers who love playing with young players, teaching them, saying who could be their "tutor" (teacher? I don't know if "tutor" is used in English), it's impossible to enjoy the game.

There is zero interaction between A team and B team this year :(

I hope SI read this topic and try to fix every point twellman says to make Spanish leagues playables.

Twelmann & Ter, a few points you may like to note.

Managing a B team is not like managing any other team. You do not have a say over contract renewl at B team level as this decision is taken with all components of the team (A,B,C). You should not be able to add a "unavailable for B team" box because a player from the B team and C team should be viable to play for the First Team whenever called upon. This is how it works irl. My major gripe on this issue is that as it currently stands you can only move players during a transfer window, which is obviously incorrect.

I agree that the transfer of players and the wages issue is an obvious error and needs to be looked at ASAP since you cant sign anyone as it stands and will eventually run out of players due to the 26yr rule and the fact that scouts and your assistant manager do not make sense when recommending players (over 26yr). Also the First team should be able to choose the B team manager, at least in AI mode and when the first team job becomes available then the B team manager should be in the press shortlist and if the position is vacant for matches, the B team manager should take over until a replacement is made. This should work on a trial basis, produce results keep the job, don't produce AI manager chosen and you move back to the B team. this is how it works IRL, eg. Del Bosque got the Madrid job via this method and Guardiola at Barcelona did the same. Its a glaring ommision by SI but most importantly the research teams. Likewise I'm glad the chairman issue for B teams has been sorted but again in the examples of Madrid & Barcelona there should be an election system every 4/5 yrs as irl. AI can decide to keep the same Chairman or install someone else. This at least shouldn't be too hard to implement.

I didnt say that a player shouldnt go from B and C sides to the first team. I said that I rather doing that other than having to wait an entire day to move a player between sides. I am talking about a provisional box for the day of the game, so that the reason why Si said that they are putting that one day delay is so that "in online games, two managers wont play the same player at the same time when playing in different sides within a team." I think that'd be a reasonable solution.

And about the renewing of the contract, if you look in further posts I do say that we understand that it is not entirely up to us, but at lest we should have some say so in the renewal of the player's contract, or at least, not have the ****** first team's coach renewing a guy who does not play at all with a key player contract.

Yes, I agree someone should do something and hopefully before January/February. I do find it disappointing that they consider online play before the stadalone game when you consider they already have FM Live. I still think they should allow the B manager the opportunity to take over the first team if that position becomes vacant since this is an everyday ocurrence irl.

I am playing as Barcelona (A) on FM 2009 and I also noticed another "bug/incorrect thing" considering the B Teams. Players like Bojan, who to my limited knowledge (I am Dutch), are products of the youth system are not all recognised as being a homegrown player.

I think this is because, in the case of Bojan but I believe also with for example Busquets, these players have played a few seasons in the B and/or C teams which are documented in their player histories. These teams are not properly regarded as being part of the same club as the A team.

To make my point clear: Bojan will become homegrown in july 2010, cause than he will be 3 years in the A team - according to his history he has only been at the club one season prior to the 08/09 season. This is of course not the case as he has been at the club for at least 4 years already (I think). He was a youth acadamy product.

The regens who appear in Barcelona U19, in the second season, are rightfully considered homegrown by the way.

Come on guys, some in charge surely has something to say about this.

By the looks of things, SI aren't giving any feedback for new problems, only confirming known ones.

I've played one season with Barca, and I'd rather B-teams reverted to being standard reserve teams than leave things as they are, if a full fix can't be made in the next patch.

I am playing as Barcelona (A) on FM 2009 and I also noticed another "bug/incorrect thing" considering the B Teams. Players like Bojan, who to my limited knowledge (I am Dutch), are products of the youth system are not all recognised as being a homegrown player.

I think this is because, in the case of Bojan but I believe also with for example Busquets, these players have played a few seasons in the B and/or C teams which are documented in their player histories. These teams are not properly regarded as being part of the same club as the A team.

To make my point clear: Bojan will become homegrown in july 2010, cause than he will be 3 years in the A team - according to his history he has only been at the club one season prior to the 08/09 season. This is of course not the case as he has been at the club for at least 4 years already (I think). He was a youth acadamy product.

The regens who appear in Barcelona U19, in the second season, are rightfully considered homegrown by the way.

SI - this still hasn't been fixed in 9.2.0 :(. I have noticed that 'B' and 'C' teams don't generate new players (I played 3 seasons on 9.1.0 and only U-19 teams did generate new ones) - if that's correct you don't have to implement this into game code, just add A team(with 0 apps) to history of those players which have only B/C team as first season in career.

It doesn't look like SI have done anything to fix this aside from not allowing B&C teams to enter the cup.

A complete shambles on the part of SI.

They've also made B sides appoint managers properly and given B managers the ability to call up C/u19 players.

Hi mates I have an issue with a Spanish team and I wonder if any one is also suffering this??

My B team I have selected that assistant doesn't renew contracts but the team is signing very poor quality players on very high wages like €80,000/wk !

Just now I notice that there are two new players in my 'A' team and they are also on very big wages but very poor players!

How can I stop this team signing players and killing my wage bill??

I can't stand this it is ridiculous! Look at what my club just signed and look at the wages!

wtfje1.th.jpg

This type of player is appearing in my B team a lot and sometimes like this one I find him in my A team randomly. I get news some times that some player has reject me and joins another club, these are transfers my B or C team tries to make, but when someone signs I get no news.

I can understand if he signs poor players on small wages for his own team, but two things happening in my game are poor players signing to his team for high wages, and poor players signing to MY TEAM for very high wages! Is this a bug?? Please tell me yes!

any news on this issue? has it been resolved with the 9.2.0 patch? i like the way ter from SI says he will get someone to look at this, you would have thought they would at least comment on the issue, but suprise suprise nothing, even though ter posted his response on the 21/11/08.

Please advise me as to whether this issue has been resolved please, as if it has, i will buy the game again, having returned my original copy to the shops due to it being as good as unplayable!

I hope this is fixed. I have Spain loaded in my career game and shudder to think how things will go, even avoiding Spain (which is bad enough!). Could screw up the whole transfer market worldwide, like a transfer meltdown.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived