Tactics- moving arrow forward and diagonally!

On the old Champ Man I seem to remember being able to lets say have one of my centre midfield players in the middle of the park but I could move his arrow very high up the pitch to join the strikers or even move it diagonally. At the moment I seem to only be able to get him to go in a straight line and not as big as I usually could. Not sure if this is a problem I'm experiencing because i have a Mac, are you PC users able to move the arrows diagonally?

On the old Champ Man I seem to remember being able to lets say have one of my centre midfield players in the middle of the park but I could move his arrow very high up the pitch to join the strikers or even move it diagonally. At the moment I seem to only be able to get him to go in a straight line and not as big as I usually could. Not sure if this is a problem I'm experiencing because i have a Mac, are you PC users able to move the arrows diagonally?

This has been taken away for fm09 and now you may only move a player forward slightly.

No diagonal runs can be made and no longer ones either.

Don't worry your mac is fine and is the same as my PC

nice one cliff and keese, although you haven't sold the user friendly sliders to me :) i am intrigued, how do these work...or should i say how should they work and what are the benefits in terms of the actual game. cheers

No idea how they work, sorry. I don't have the patience to find out. If you figure it out, let me know. :D

The tactics forum has a massive thread on tactical theorems and frameworks with contributions by some really dedicated people, but I can never be bothered to wade through that and frankly there should be no need to wade through that just to get a player to run left.

I guess if you want the players to move to the sides they have to swap position or something.

No, you have to use the wide slider in tactic. Focus passing down both sides could also help.

Archived