Why Steam?

I like to be able to buy games as digital download, normaly it's much easyer and I can buy the game 24/7. I bought FM09 trough Steam, and I must say I never use them again, there is just to many small things that when it add up it's too much. Now i wonder why SI sell FM09 from Steam and not gamers gate? My guess is that a lot og the people buying this game is from EU contries and have to pay tax when use Steam, money you don't have to pay with gamers gate

if you are so worried about purchasing from Steam then why not just go out and buy a hard copy from a games store ?

I was not and I purchased it from Steam, but will never do it again. Have only had good expirience with gamers gate and tought it would be the same with Steam, but no. I never use Steam again, and I just hate that I now have to buy the game again in a store so I can remove Steam from my computer :(

if you are so worried about purchasing from Steam then why not just go out and buy a hard copy from a games store ?
What problems did you encounter with Steam?

And you can laucnh the game without Steam by going here:

Program File > Steam > steamapps > Common > Football Manager 09

I still need to have steam on my computer to do that :)

I know, but I'm also sure that you know it's anoying to have a program you hate on, your pc. I want to deside if I want steam on my pc or not!

So, you decided that you WANT Steam when you decided to buy FM via Steam. Why the crying now?

Steam is not a great system. The premise behind it is great but as an organisaton Steam is a nightmare. Customer service is awful and the rules and regulations attached to using the system defy all logic and more importantly consumer rights. I can see why SI used it but surely they would do research before undertaking a venture with such a system?

Archived