A couple of little match engine things.

There are two things about the 3D match engine that I would like to be there. They are tiny little matters and I wouldn't be surprised if nobody else cares, but I thought I'd share anyway. One of them relates to making life slightly easier for the gamer. The other relates to realism and my own personal observations. Feel free to flame me afterwards for bringing up two small issues like this! :D

1) In the old 2D match engine, a player who had picked up a knock would have a little box with a green cross in it. But on 3D, this isn't there. The only way to know a player is carrying a knock is if you happen to go to your tactics screen. This can have dodgy consequences because if you don't know a player has a slight injury, you may not substitute him and then after the match you find out that he's going to be out for months. This is especially problematic given the slightly too high prevalence of injuries of this length. So I think it would be wise if this little box was put into the 3D engine.

2) This is really is very trivial, but I'd like to see what people think, nevertheless. I've noticed that when the ball hits the net, it's like it hits a mattress. It stops and drops to the floor. The net doesn't move at all. The thing is, I think it detracts from the goal if the net doesn't behave properly. I just think it's a shame the net doesn't ripple or anything.

I apologise if I've wasted anyone's time.

EDIT: I am very pleased with the 3D match engine and understand that you can't have everything first time. I certainly wasn't complaining.

1) I use the 2D Classic view and there's a little green "halo" to indicate a slight injury. I thought not knowing what the injury is would be fixed with the assistant manager feedback during the match

2) I think the small intricate details like this aren't too important for the first iteration of the 3D match engine.

And you don't need to apologise, Mike! :)

Hi mate, you're very polite!

I agree on both points. In terms of the first one I had kind of forgotten about that feature but totally agree with you.

Secondly, I would add more realistic celebrations (if my striker scores a goal in the last minute of a 1-4 defeat I don't expect him to run away with his arm punching the air) and actually see substitutions being made. It always annoys me in PES on the occasions that they don't show the subs - as you say it's all about "realism",

Cheers

9L

There are many threads on here that I consider a waste of my time and... this isn't one of them, so don't apologise.

The injury indicator - I was thinking much the same thing. This ought to be fairly high up the list of things to add.

The goal nets - A nice to have, but could actually really add to the atmosphere if used well, i.e. near misses where the net bulges that get you on your feet only to realise it isn't a goal.

To answer the first point, if a player is injured he has a slight green cross on the bottom of his circle to indicate that he is carrying a knock.

And to the second, I don't use the 3D pitch so I wouldn't be able to comment on that.

:)

Players don't have a circle in the 3D match engine... do they?

Archived