Editor

What exactly are you having problems with? Can you find the editor?

If you can't, and you bought a hard copy of the game, look in

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\tools\data editor

(assuming you installed to the default directory)

If you can't, but you bought the game via Steam, look in:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\tools\data editor

(Once again, assuming you installed to the default)

by the way you are talking I don't think you should even go near the editor, you might just stuff up your game and make it unplayable. You really don't sound like you have the knowledge at all. Also you only have steam on your desktop now because you chose to use it to activate the game, you should have chosen uniloc. Too late now.

I'd stay away fromt he editor if I were you if you continue to show us the way you think and act.

Yh i hav the disc and case but 4 some reason steam is on ma desktop aswell now!!

All a want is jus to find editor and crack on hahaha

Try the address

which I told you above. Can you open the editor?

jay - you are given 2 ways to activate it when you install the game, you chose to use STEAM. Go to the address on your pc hdd you have been given twice, load up database, search for player or club, change whaever information you want, save changes, exit editor then load up fm.exe

It doesn't get any easier that that.

Try the address

which I told you above. Can you open the editor?

Am not best on computers its not my thing tbh rite but, how do ya do all the above?I cnt find football manager09/tools/data editor

Are we wasting our time trying to help you ? we are already saying it in the simplest of terms. Do you have the game manual? Look in the manual in regards to the editor. Is this editor child proof in any way ?

jay - you are given 2 ways to activate it when you install the game, you chose to use STEAM. Go to the address on your pc hdd you have been given twice, load up database, search for player or club, change whaever information you want, save changes, exit editor then load up fm.exe

It doesn't get any easier that that.

Wat do u mean go to ur address on my pc hdd?

A cnt find tht sorry

For Vista:

1. Click on Start (The Windows Flag)
  2. Click on "Computer"
  3. Double-click on the "C:\" drive (normally named Local, Hard Drive, or your PC manufacturer)
  4. Double-click on "Program Files"
  5. Scroll down to, and double-click on "Sports Interactive"
  6. Double-click on "Football Manager 2009"
  7. Double-click on "tools"
  8. Double-click on "data editor"
  9. Double-click on the program "data editor"

For XP is pretty similar, just "My Computer" instead of "Computer".

EDIT: Alternatively, press and hold down on the Windows Flag key on your keyboard and press "R". Then copy and paste into the box the following address:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\tools\data editor\data editor.exe

and click OK.

For Vista:

1. Click on Start (The Windows Flag)
  2. Click on "Computer"
  3. Double-click on the "C:\" drive (normally named Local, Hard Drive, or your PC manufacturer)
  4. Double-click on "Program Files"
  5. Scroll down to, and double-click on "Sports Interactive"
  6. Double-click on "Football Manager 2009"
  7. Double-click on "tools"
  8. Double-click on "data editor"
  9. Double-click on the program "data editor"

For XP is pretty similar, just "My Computer" instead of "Computer".

Tools hasn't come up afta i clicked on football manager

Click on my computer then enter the address below into the bar at the top

Please, please try and take longer over your posts and type in full English, it helps us to understand a lot better and then we can help you.

Okay Captain Planet

Click on my computer then enter the address below into the bar at the top

Please, please try and take longer over your posts and type in full English, it helps us to understand a lot better and then we can help you.

Does it install to that directory if he has a hard copy? I thought that was for download via steam, with activation method making no difference.

Am not best on computers its not my thing tbh rite but, how do ya do all the above?I cnt find football manager09/tools/data editor

Double click 'My Computer'

Double click 'C:/' drive.

Go to the 'Program Files' folder and double click it.

Go to the 'Football Manager 2009' folder and double click it.

Go to the 'Tools' folder and double click it.

Go to the 'Data Editor' folder and double click it.

You shall now see the .exe file for the Football Manager 2009 data editor.

Should you fail this, you should apologise to AD for being so rude after he tried to help you before unplugging your internet (I can give you step by step instructions for that also) and never again enter the realms of the World Wide Web.

Hope that works for you.

He can just click on START (bottom left side of screen) --> All Programs ---> Sports Interactive ---> Football Manager 2009 ---> Tools then there it is. Surely that is the most simplest of ways to decribe it to him. Now lets hope he understand how to do that, otherwise I seriously wouldn't bother. It does seem like we are talking to a toddler. I think my 1 year old daughter could almost do this.

canvey!! I think you are missunderstanding us. We tried to explain things in simpleton terms so even Homer can understand it but that didn't work. We were just suggesting what his pc specs maybe as a result of maybe not being able to run the game

For some reason I can just picture him reenacting a scene from one of the Final Destinations. The one where some dude randomly forgets that slipperly products plus an awol shower cable could mean potential harm.

Like Bart Simpson and the cupcake when Lisa is doing a science project ?

canvey!! I think you are missunderstanding us. We tried to explain things in simpleton terms so even Homer can understand it but that didn't work. We were just suggesting what his pc specs maybe as a result of maybe not being able to run the game

No, I understood fine. I too became a bit frustrated while giving instructions, but not everyone is very good with computers, so some slack really ought to be given.

Archived