DRM to stop piracy? So why didn't I have to activate my copy?

Installed it on my PC few days ago, and tonight decided I would put it on my laptop as well, installed it etc as you do and realised I'd misplaced the manual and went on a scavenger hunt for it, came back with it in hand and FM was on the main menu ready for me to play a new game. As far as I'm aware you're limited to 5 registrations right? And I haven't had to use one on my laptop which seems a bit odd, if this is how its supposed to work its all fine and good, just seems a bit odd it didn't want me to register it on this computer.

Laptop is windows vista if thats worth anything of note.

No, I have activated it the first time on the friday with my PC, picked up my laptop today, came put it in and like i said, once I'd grabbed the manual and come back it was on the main menu, no soft anchor screen or anything.

If thats right, surely it opens a whole huge, gaping flaw in the entire system that was put in place lol, I mean I don't need the disk in to play it, so hypothetically, I could run off copies of my disc and sell them now or just hand the game out for free etc (not that I would just making an example).

Sounds reasonably plausible does that, still could do with someone from SI commenting, because if its installed when I next venture out to a mates or something and connect to theirs surely I won't have to activate then because its already up and running.

i downloaded the game off steam last night and the game worked immediately, i haven't even been asked to activate it once. not once. and i had set my self up for a few days of turmoil too. disappointed in a way.

Thats because you paid for it off steam, why would you need to activate it.

Thats because you paid for it off steam, why would you need to activate it.

i brought the disk but and dident need to use the code think i will return it tho because it doesent work on my mac bug and patch wont work says no mount disk found

Archived