well done for messing up the greatest game in the world

I would just like to raise my disgust at sports interactive! if i knew how to send this to the Collyer bothers personally i would do but seeing as they seem to make things so god damn hard i will just moan on here!

since first playing the game on the commodore amiga in the early 90's i have loved playing the game and enjoy my experiences and social banter it brings.

However, never in my life have i experienced so many problems with f-man 09.......

what an absolute joke. 10 hours to finally get the damn thing to work, what on earth is stream???? why do we need it?? what happened to just putting the disk in an installing like every other game in the universe. i dont want to be online to play all the time. what if im on a train and i want to play? cant because i have no internet! there is probably a way to play without the internet but once again i havnt a clue how to do this! after 10 hours im not prepared to risk losing the installment! i have never experienced the game crash so many times in my life and my whole excitement about the new game coming out is all but gone. the game is the slowest thing in the world, i played 3 games in 2 hours last night and my conmputer is new and pretty fast.

i know lots of people who feel the same as i do and are disgusted with this new installment of the game.

sports interactive, do us a favour, stop making it so stupid, go back to basics and let the greatest computer game in the world be accessible to everyone and not just to the computer geniuses who know how download every software available to get the game to work.

very diasppointing!

I agree that installation was made more difficult than needed to be. And all for what? The game has been cracked, and was cracked within hours of the game being released.

I got it off steam, so i didn't feel the frustration of trying to install it. But did get worried when the uinlock date jumped 24 hours :S

I would just like to raise my disgust at sports interactive! if i knew how to send this to the Collyer bothers personally i would do but seeing as they seem to make things so god damn hard i will just moan on here!

since first playing the game on the commodore amiga in the early 90's i have loved playing the game and enjoy my experiences and social banter it brings.

However, never in my life have i experienced so many problems with f-man 09.......

what an absolute joke. 10 hours to finally get the damn thing to work,

I'm guessing this was down to the Denial of Service Attack that the activation server was put under. SI and Sega have apologised for these problems.

what on earth is stream???? why do we need it??

Look here for details of what Steam is.

what happened to just putting the disk in an installing like every other game in the universe. i dont want to be online to play all the time. what if im on a train and i want to play? cant because i have no internet! there is probably a way to play without the internet but once again i havnt a clue how to do this! after 10 hours im not prepared to risk losing the installment! i have never experienced the game crash so many times in my life and my whole excitement about the new game coming out is all but gone. the game is the slowest thing in the world, i played 3 games in 2 hours last night and my conmputer is new and pretty fast.

You don't have to be on the internet to play FM. Do a quick search and you'll see how you can play without Steam or Internet

i know lots of people who feel the same as i do and are disgusted with this new installment of the game.

It's not been the best launch, that's for sure.

sports interactive, do us a favour, stop making it so stupid, go back to basics and let the greatest computer game in the world be accessible to everyone and not just to the computer geniuses who know how download every software available to get the game to work.

This is the best I've felt about the game for a few years. Still loads of work to do, but I'm addicted again.

very diasppointing!

My answers are in bold.

My answers are in bold.
And they are righteous.

I'm not entirely pleased as a Mac user with the patch delay, or how it was handled, and there have been other problems, but this thread is unfair. I don't know if certain new arrangements with Steam could have been better outlined or not, but the game itself has made several improvements. From the 3D match engine to smaller details like players not being given a rating for only being on the pitch 5 minutes and not being greatly involved, all are appreciated and I suspect when most people cool down and give the game itself more of a chance they will be impressed too.

Archived