MLS-based English players

Just noticed something odd and possibly a glitch. It seems all MLS-based English players cannot wait to get back to ole' Blighty soon enough, I noticed Beckham, Terry Cooke, Darren Huckerby and Danny Dichio have all transferred to UK based clubs. Not of great concern to me, at first I didn't pay any mind, then I noticed a discrepancy with contracts. In the News section these all the players are said to have been out of contract since March 27, 2008, which makes no sense especially as Huckerby hadn't even joined San Jose at that point in real life. Also, looking at the contracts in the data editor, Beckham is listed correctly as having his LA Galaxy contract expire in 2011, same goes for Huckerby, Dichio, Cooke. Yet in the game, it says otherwise.

Not a major concern, but it seems like a glitch. And I don't appreciate aging English former stars causing my Aberdeen defence all sorts of problems in the SPL. :(

So... what's up?

I have Scotland, England, Italy, Germany, France, Spain, Turkey and Greece running. That's it, I think. Certainly not USA.

My only concern is the weird contracts expiring all at the same time, and before they are supposed to making all the players "out of contract" several months before the 08/09 season starts.

Archived