Bux vs. Position

Okay, we all know by now that FM2009 starts with the Hudders and Watford jobs open. I don't know if the offers are always the same, but I assume they are.

Now, informally, which would YOU take {set my rep as a professional footballer to start at a higher league than my usual BSP/BSN start :-)}

Watford offering a paltry L150,000 xfer budget and L110K wage budget

or

Hudders offering a healthy (esp for League One) L750K xfer budget and L49.5 wage budget

Even though Hudders are a league down, it seems I'd be better off having the ability to build my own team. OTOH, taking Watford in the Championship might make some Premiership youngsters and fringe players available to me on loan, upping my chances there...

Anyway, just wondering what some of my compatriots would do/have done...

I'm playing with watford, as its the team I support. Yes the transfer budget is low, and if not spent gets eating up the Mat Sadler payment due in september time, but you can get around £3-4 Million for Jay Demerit.

Get the transfers in quick as you soon get a takeover and thea can take a while and then you'll be under a transfer embargo.

I'm playing with watford, as its the team I support. Yes the transfer budget is low, and if not spent gets eating up the Mat Sadler payment due in september time, but you can get around £3-4 Million for Jay Demerit.

Get the transfers in quick as you soon get a takeover and thea can take a while and then you'll be under a transfer embargo.

Yikes! Maybe I'll take the Hudders job :p

Archived